Thread: How to set default setting of Software update package to hidden ?

How to set default setting of Software update package to hidden ?

Hi, I am using the Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 at my office and that has a software called patch management software update package. Which has too many settings in it, among them one of the setting is regarding the Starting windows of Software update package, which is by default set to normal, and I want to set it to hidden, thus when I distribute the software update package, user will find the window of package without been jumped out, and I have to done this setting for one package by one package, can we do it for all together?

Re: How to set default setting of Software update package to hidden ?

Hey this is very good software I must say, but whatever you are asking, I haven’t done actually but I hope this will work, what I am mentioning, I think you’ll probably find this settings in the Software Update Package Integrity, this is the separate tab in the software where you’ll get the different option for setting up the values for the package and for the software patch.

I would like to recommend you that you should follow this steps, I hope this will going to help you, first of all Check ‘Software Update Package Integrity’ that you’ll find at the menu folder, in that you’ll find the different option, so click on the names I am mentioning, firstly click in manage Jobs and Tasks- Software Patch Management, there you’ll find Additional check-boxes, that you don’t need to ticked, during this only, there you’ll find the option for default software installation option, change it to hidden.

Hey thanks for the reply, I have done this, and it really works very good, but I have some doubt regarding another query too, that’s actually I had enable the 'Check Software Update Package Integrity' task before, and just right now I recreate a new package and suddenly all the setting that we get for the package got disappear, I men to say it is hidden, now what will be the problem, really the software is too good, but the functions are too difficult.

I don’t think this should be happen actually, you might have done something wrong dude, that’s why you are having such a problem, because as far as I know, even if you recreate a new package, it would not affect the one you have already created, in fact no other settings would be changed, as this is happened, I am sure that you have done something wrong, thus you should see the Check SWP Integrity, there you might get some settings for that also.