Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error while taking backup using Virtual Tape Library

Windows Software

Old 30-05-2011

Error while taking backup using Virtual Tape Library

I recently purchased a PC. The operating system installed in my PC is Linux. I installed a virtual tape library (VTL) on my Linux machine. After that I installed NBU media server on it. The version of NBU that is installed is 6.5. I also configured the tape library from the main server having Windows 2003. But I came across a strange issue while taking a backup from the tape library. While doing that error message was displayed saying? resource request failed (800)?. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Old 30-05-2011

Re: Error while taking backup using Virtual Tape Library

The issue that you have encountered is not complicated. Many people have faced such issues before but now it has been solved. The information that you have provided is incomplete for me to give further suggestions. I wanted to know which resource allocation is failing. Did you check out VTL functionality with robtest? Was robot inventory successful? After you provide me this information only then I would be able to give the exact solution to overcome this issue.
Old 30-05-2011

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome the issue. I have tested the VTL functionality with robtest. The robot inventory was also successful. There was a list of messages that was displayed. This is all I know about this issue. I provided all the information that you required, now please give the necessary recommendation to overcome my issue. Please try to give me the exact solution as early as possible.
Old 30-05-2011

After I read your post I came to know about the issue. I think this issue is due to PARTED package. I want you to ensure that the PARTED package is available on the client. If it is not available then you need to install it. I want you to disable the BMR in the backup play to test the basic functionality, after that try to troubleshoot the BMR error. Once you perform all the modifications that are specified after that you won?t face any issues. Try this solution and inform me about the consequences.
Old 30-05-2011

I also encountered such issues but it has been solved now. Other people also discussed this issue with me and I provided the solution that worked out for my issue. As you are not having much knowledge about VTL so you are finding this issue even more complicated. To overcome the issue I would suggest you to re-install the VTL again. Re-installation will surely help you out. Re-installation will clear all the errors in VTL. This worked out in my case. Try this and I am sure that it will definitely help you.
Old 30-05-2011

This is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. My colleagues had encountered such issues before but at that time I didn?t know the exact solution but now I acquired that solution. This issue is due to the arguments specified in the media type. To solve the issue you need to re-inventoried the robot by changing the media type to ?1/2 cartridge?. After you perform this modification your issue will be completely solved. Now you can easily take backups using VTL.
Old 31-05-2011

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions and responses that you have given me to overcome my issue. Your recommendations helped me a lot to solve the issue. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. I performed all the changes that were mentioned by you and now I am not facing any error while taking backups using VTL.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,