Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to mount .dsk file on the Daemon tool?

Windows Software

Old 30-05-2011

How to mount .dsk file on the Daemon tool?

I was having an old hard drive of mine with some really important data on it. There was a knocking sound coming from may be the plates were got loose, I donít know how. But some how I created a back up of the drive in .dsk format and I was trying to mount the image using the daemon tools but wasnít able to do that. Any help on this topic will be really helpful.

Old 30-05-2011

Re: How to mount .dsk file on the Daemon tool?

Dsk files I think are not supported by the Daemon tools. Daemon tools support many file types like img, mdr, iso etc. So I will suggest you to try using MagicIso instead of Daemon tools. MagicIso is lighter than Daemon tools and has many more features than Daemon tools. Here you would need to download one more software to mount the image files which is Magic Disc. In magic disc you can create more than 30 images at one time.
Old 30-05-2011

Hey I would like to know how you created image from a knocking hard drive. Because I have four hard drives of mine with all my movie collection and I would like to recover the data from it. And I think you should download the latest version of the daemon tools because I have many image files and I always use daemon tools even to mount the game files. You will get the latest version directly from the Daemon tools website.
Old 30-05-2011

You can also use alcohol 120% software to mount the .dsk image files. Alcohol 120% is the oldest software used to make the image of the cd/DVD and now of umd and even bluray disks. It can also be used to burn disks or mount images. Alcohol 120% is not free software so you need to purchase it and this software can mount almost 35 images at a time. Software that you can use to mount the image files or else to extract data from scratched disks or disks with cyclic redundancy error is IsoBuster this is my personal favorite software.
Old 30-05-2011

The .dsk file format is simply a duplicate image of the source data disk, but is compressed and is not accessible, unless it is mounted on a reader like a virtual drive. The file extension .dsk is a rather old file format that is limited in the maximum amount of data that can be imaged and compressed and also can be opened using winrar but here it has to be extracted in a separate folder which is time consuming.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,