Thread: How to uninstall AVG 9.0

How to uninstall AVG 9.0

I purchased a PC last month. I normally use the PC for chatting, downloading movies, gaming and especially for internet surfing. My desktop is having Windows 7 Home Premium(32 bit) OS installed in it. The antivirus that I have installed in my system for its protection is AVG 9.0. I am not satisfied with this antivirus so I decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to uninstall the antivirus. I tried a lot to do that but nothing changed. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Re: How to uninstall AVG 9.0

The issue that you have posted is quite interesting. I will surely try to my level best to help you out as much as I can. Many few people have encountered issues related to uninstalling the antivirus software. I haven’t used AVG antivirus before so I don’t have much knowledge about AVG antivirus. Easier way to overcome the issue is to visit the website of AVG. There you will find the exact procedure to uninstall the antivirus from your system. Try it out and inform me about its consequences.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. As specified by you I visited the website of AVG but I was unable to understand the exact procedure that I need to perform. Information related to AVG was available over there but it was difficult to understand the exact procedure to uninstall the antivirus. I tried a lot to get more information related to un-installation but failed to do that. Are you aware about some other solution to overcome the issue? If yes then please do the needful.

After reading your post I came to know about your issue. It is not a complicated issue that you are facing. To solve this issue I would recommend you to shut down your system. Now restart your system in safe mode. After restarting it, now delete all the folders mentioned in full reinstallation instructions. Now download the correct version of AVG remover. Finally run the AVG remover. AVG Remover deletes all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files etc.

You can easily uninstall AVG 9.0 antivirus from your system. There are various software’s available for this purpose. I am not aware about all the software. I know only about one software known as Revo un-installer. Download this software this will definitely help you out. You can utilize REVO Un-installer FREE Edition and eliminate AVG from your system. It even cleans up the system registry of all of the debris left over. It also allows you to remove the MSVC known problem with AVG as well. Used this software to uninstall the AVG 9.0 from your system. You won’t face such issues again.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions and responses that you have given me to overcome the issue. I downloaded the software Revo un-installer as specified by you and my issue is solved now. That software helped me to un-install the AVG 9.0 form my system. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but unfortunately they were not aware about such issues so they were unable to help me out. Without your help and support it was impossible for me to overcome this issue.