Thread: How to deliver device driver software without user interaction

How to deliver device driver software without user interaction

Please I require a few guidelines. I am presently assessing Altiris ITMS 7.1. I am attempting to deliver device driver software to setup lacking user interaction. I was able to deliver using quick setup, but it mandatory a user to click next. I did the handled software delivery and deselected the user communication, but this hung and botched later than a while. I am not certain what to do next, I have attempted to read the command line process, but it emerges a bit complex.

Re: How to deliver device driver software without user interaction

Here I just wish to add something in this case. If it's an MSI you should obtain command lines pre-built for you which comprise options like QB (quiet basic), and so on. Are you installing an MSI? You can as well generate custom command lines. In any case, with your command lines configured, you can choose these during your setup tasks. Let me know if this information useful for you or not.

If user input is necessary, sounds like it is as it hangs, you will necessitate to maybe adding switches to your command line. Application deploy sites may help if it's a common vendor. Or else a few sellers let you to make files which are called by the install where settings are detained (.msp, .ini, etc). While you think you have it correct, run it as /qb and it will be noiseless, but if an error takes place, it will come up on the screen. One time it completes productively lacking an error popup, you can switch this to /qn to craft it completely silent (no message on successful conclusion will be presented, whereas one is provided by /qb).

It has been a short time, but it is time to conclude this series off. All of us have had to setup Windows at a few points. The majority companies have wedged with XP, so we have had countless practice getting it installed. I have installed XP on all types of dissimilar computers, and honestly I determined that I was sick of it. I determined that if I had to enter our XP serial number in one more time I might just toggle my users to Linux. Fortunately I establish a solution which factually installs Windows for me.

Installing Device Driver software noiselessly can present extra challenges contrasted to a standard application. While you install the drivers physically, do you get a message saying that the drivers are nameless and have to OK the install in order to continue? present windows operating systems e.g. XP to Windows 7, are ever more anti to allowing installs of any content that could compromise security, and thus having drivers that are code signed is truly significant if you plan to take on silent installs. If the drivers are not code signed, get in touch with the suppliers and explain your necessity for silent installation and see what they have to present.

If this is just to deliver a post image driver for some hardware, this is a quite simple means to do it: just download the WDK. All you necessitate is the dpinst.exe from that kit. One time you have it, make a folder with the driver INF files which you wish to install, put the dpinst.exe in that folder, import it all into NS and build the setup command dpinst.exe /q. The dpinst.exe will noiselessly install all driver files that are in the similar folder as it.