Thread: Windows 7 prevents installation of windows xp?

Windows 7 prevents installation of windows xp?

I recently bought a Compaq Laptop. It has windows 7 already installed in it. I am more comfortable with windows xp and hence want to install it. When I try to install windows xp on my laptop, then windows 7 prevents me from doing that. On the other hand, windows 7 is utilizing my memory space in excess causing my laptop to slow down. I am not able to utilze my laptop to its fullest capability and want to get rid of windows 7. Please suggest me on the same.

Re: Windows 7 prevents installation of windows xp?

Do not erase the Hard Disk Drive. Do not format but instead download gParted (Genome Partitioning Tool) which is an ISO image. Burn that image to a CD and boot the computer. On booting, first thing to be done is to resize the primary partition in order to make a new partition. Right click on the unallocated space and create a new NTFS partition. Close gParted and restart the PC. After restarting, start with the installation of windows xp. After windows xp is installed, install the drivers which you can find from the internet.

I tried the above solution by downloading gParted, but it is not working. I tried it many times and downloaded the software from different sources but I am unable to install windows xp. May be there is some problem with the gParted software and hence i am not able to make use of it. And as there is some problem in the software, its image is also not useful. Can someone please suggest some other method of installing windows xp from windows 7?

To install windows xp from windows 7, just boot from the windows xp CD, delete all partitions which were made already and completely format NTFS partition. A lot of people have used windows xp and windows 7 with the help of dual boot. It is advisable to try a dual boot as you have the ability to sample Windows 7 as you use XP for your work. Windows 7 should be kept on the first partition which will allow to later delete windows xp when it is no longer supported.