Thread: How to install Microsoft Office 2003 in HP Pavilion notebook pc with a CD?

How to install Microsoft Office 2003 in HP Pavilion notebook pc with a CD?

I have a HP Pavilion notebook pc. When I bought it, it didn’t have Microsoft Office in it. So I had to install it myself from a CD. When I open the CD, I just see the files but am not able to open it. When I tried to install it, I get error messages. There is an error message such as: “Installation Error: File not found”. If I try to proceed further, then an error message like this appears: “A required installation file CS561404.CAB could not be found”. Hence, I am not able to install Microsoft Office and thus not able to do my basic work of writing important information in Microsoft Word n storing it. Please, can anyone help me with this problem?

Re: How to install Microsoft Office 2003 in HP Pavilion notebook pc with a CD?

Follow these steps: First remove and reinstall Microsoft Office 2003. Download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility form the internet and then install it. After installation, go to the Start Menu, then All Programs and then Windows Install Clean Up. When you open that, you will find a list of entries. Select Microsoft Office 2003 entry and highlight it. Then click on Remove to remove it. Now exit the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Close all applications if you have opened any. Now click on Start menu, then Run, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) in the Open
    box and press Enter. Expand the registry tree on the left pane and locate the following two registry keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office
    Right click on the key and click on Delete to remove these two keys. Now open Windows explorer and browse to the “C:\Program Files” folder. If it exists, then rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD". Rename "Office Update" to "Office Update OLD". And also rename "Office Update11" to "Office Update11 OLD". Now click on Start Menu, then Run, type “%Temp%” (without the quotation marks) in the Open Box and then press Enter. Now empty the %Temp% folder. Empty the Recycle Bin if you have any data in it. Now, restart your pc and install Microsoft Office 2003. It will be installed properly in your pc now.

There is yet another way of installing Microsoft Office 2003,that is by using the demo version of Microsoft Office 2007. If you try to install Microsoft Office 2003 with some files of Microsoft Office 2007 which are already there on your system, then it will install Microsoft Office 2007 cab from your Microsoft Office 2003 source. For this, first you need to activate your demo version of Microsoft Office 2007. Then reboot your system. Now, uninstall the demo version of Office 2007. Now, reboot your system again. And then install Microsoft Office 2003 from the CD. Now, your Microsoft Office 2003 will work smoothly without any errors.

Errors during the installation of Microsoft Office 2003 may be caused due to some problems in the installation CD. There are at times when we insert the CD and the folders in it automatically open with the help of Autoplay. Sometimes, Autoplay may be infected due to virus in the system. So, the best and simplest way to install Microsoft Office 2003 is by following these steps: Insert the installation CD into the CD-ROM. Then, when the Autoplay window pops up, cancel it. Go to My Computer and right click the CD icon and then select Open. There you will see the Setup icon, right click on it and select Run as Administrator. Now, your installation will begin and Microsoft Office 2003 will be successfully installed.