Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Comparing VLC player with QuickTime player

Windows Software

Old 27-05-2011

Comparing VLC player with QuickTime player

Hi friends I have a question that when comparing to VLC player and QuickTime player, which one is good and easy to use. Well I have installed and used both these but I feel both of them the same. Any ways I am not able to run PBS videos in any of those players. Also is there any other player which will be able to run these videos? Is VLC or QuickTime helpful in any terms for this? Please do reply.

Old 27-05-2011

Re: Comparing VLC player with QuickTime player

Well I think so that VLC player is thousand times better compared to QuickTime player. Frankly speaking QuickTime is one of the worst media player I have ever seen. VLC is the best software for playing media files. It is available with free of cost on the internet. You can also see that 90% of people prefer VLC then other players. You can try out using both of them and then you will understand the difference.
Old 27-05-2011

I have used several media players over past few years and if I would have to give marks then I will keep at the bottom QuickTime and VLC at the top. There are a couple of players I like for various reasons, but I put VLC on top of his extraordinary ability to play almost any file that I found. Even if the file is corrupted, VLC is often the ability to fix first. It helps to play all the files. Just check it out. You will surely feel the difference.
Old 27-05-2011

VLC media player is the only one who is able to play most file formats. This software is free of charge and open resource cross-platform player and structure that performs most of multimedia files and DVD, audio CDs, VCDs and a range of streaming protocols. It s basically built on FFmpeg. You can download this software and for this you can click here. It?s the best software I have ever seen.
Old 27-05-2011

Well as many people have said that VLC is comparatively better than QuickTime player than they can?t be wrong. Now although you are facing to a problem which you are not able to play PSB videos. As you are complaining that both VLC and QuickTime player are not able to play this file than I think so that they might be flash based videos and need to be watched through the browser with flash plug-in installed. I hope this works.
Old 28-05-2011

Well you can try installing and using Perian. It basically includes video codes you require. Perian is basically open source software developed by Apple inc. which helps in playing file formats which are not supported by other media players. It is basically made by joining many components on FFmpeg. This software freely available on the internet just check it out and hope may work for you.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,