Thread: Unable to convert WMV to M4V on Mac OS X

Unable to convert WMV to M4V on Mac OS X

I purchased a laptop last month. I normally use laptop for internet surfing, gaming, downloading movies and especially for chatting. The OS that is installed in my laptop is Mac OS X. I have many files in my laptop with WMV format. I wanted to convert those WMV files to M4V format, but I don’t know how to do that. I searched on the internet to get the solution for the issue and also got information related to that issue. The information that was displayed was very complicated to understand. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to convert WMV to M4V on Mac OS X

The issue that you have posted seems to be quite interesting. Very few people have encountered such issues. I have not tried to convert WMV files to M4V format. I don’t have much knowledge about it. This is the first time someone has discussed this issue with me. Currently I don’t know the exact solution to overcome the issue. May be my colleagues will have information related to this issue. I will discuss this issue with them and as soon as I get the information I will let you know about it.

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. The issue that you have posted can be done easily with the help of a converter. There are several file converters available to solve such issues. You can get the required converter from internet. And with the help of that converter you can easily convert WMV files to M4V format. I am not aware about the exact procedure that should be done after downloading the converter. I think that procedure is not much complicated; you will come to know about it after you launch the converter in your laptop.

Thanks a lot for interacting with me to overcome the issue. I have also discussed this issue with many people but none of them have information about it. You are the first person who advised me something related to this issue. As you said to download the converter from internet, I did that. I downloaded WMV to M4V Mac converter. After that I launched the converted in my laptop but I did not know the further procedure. I haven’t used any converter before this can be reason I was finding it complicated to proceed further. Are you aware about further procedure? If yes then please inform me about it.

I know the further procedure after downloading the WMV to M4V Mac converter. There are basically 3 steps that you need to perform to complete the conversion. The steps are specified as follows:
    1. First launch the downloaded program -> go to the "File" menu->select "Add Video Files". Or another way is that you can drag and drop the WMV files to the program. The WMV to M4V converter for Mac supports batch conversion, so you can include many files at a time.

2. You need to choose M4V as the output format. For that you should select M4V in the format drop-down list. Before converting WMV to M4V Mac, you can separate your video files. Try to reduce your videos into segments or merge several segments together. You can also assign new effects for your videos and crop the frame size.

3. Finally click on the "Convert" button, the WMV to M4V Mac converter starts to work. It may take a several minutes depending on the size of your WMV files.

I am very grateful to you for giving the necessary suggestions that I required. The recommendation that you gave me helped me a lot. I performed all the steps that you specified and it was successful. I was able to convert the WMV file to M4V format easily. I never faced any issue while doing so. I also shared this information with my colleagues who did not know it. Now I don’t think that I will face any issue related to converting File formats