Thread: IIS 7.5 in the company of ASP.NET 1.1

IIS 7.5 in the company of ASP.NET 1.1

Hi, I own my personal website which is Build on ASP.Net 1.1, I am using visual studio 2003 to build that website, and through the IIS 7.5 I have formed a practical Directory that’s http://localhost/ABC that points to my website. In the websites source code all images, scripts are accessed by the directory which does not return the accurate server path, and I have seen all the things in the coding, and all seems correct I think the problem is in the IIS only, isn’t it? Need solution.

Re: IIS 7.5 in the company of ASP.NET 1.1

As far as I know the version you are using that’s the ASP.NET 1.1 is not compatible with the IIS version that you have mentioned, I don’t know exactly but heard the same about that, rather you should use some another versions IIS, you can use the previous version than these, or you can use t he by default version that’s is provided by the windows itself. Now you can have two options like either you can update the IIS or the ASP.NET version, but according to me IIS updating would be better.

Yeah exactly I would say you should use the IIS 7.0 with the ASP.NET you’re using. I don’t know how you have got this, but actually you should use that one, I want to ask you that which windows that you are using? I am not sure but if suppose if you are using the window 7 in that they have provided the IIS 7.0 only, thus should use only the default one.

Hey thanks for your attention but I would say are you sure that the IIS that I am using is not compatible with the ASP.NET version I am using because changing then in between is little bit difficult. Though this is my websites but the project is too big, and any changes like this would make it difficult for me also to change the entire coding. Please give me the exact suggestion so I can change them as early as possible.

Yeah I am sure that the IIS version that you have mentioned is not compatible with the ASP.NET version, and see if you change the entire version of the ASP you’ll have to change the entire coding and including all the syntaxes and all other things, thus at this position it is good to change the IIS and by the I don’t think you have to change something in the coding as this is just for loading the website through it nothing more than that, thus you should use the 7.0 version.