Thread: Does Realtek ALC892 provides Stereo Mix recording ?

Does Realtek ALC892 provides Stereo Mix recording ?

Hi, I am planning to have a new PC for myself, with Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H motherboard, How is it by the way, I have just heard about, but didn’t know the actual specifications. And I heard that the motherboard supports Realtek ALC892 sound chip, is this better one rather than using discrete sound card. Is this chipset works fine with windows 7 and do it support "Stereo Mix" recording? Need advice guys. Thanks.

Re: Does Realtek ALC892 provides Stereo Mix recording ?

Hello my friend, I would like to say as the name implies GIGABYTE, the name says it all, as you won’t have to bother about the quality, the performance and lastly the support phase as i had heard the complaint from many user about the inconvenience, but here it gives the proper support to their client, and the motherboard what you’re planning to buy is good, but still refer some other product too, first of all concern about your needs, and then buy the actual product.

You’ll get the support to almost each of the newly released processors, including all the I series processors. And it also provides the Realtek ALC892 codec, due to that you’ll always get the support for S/PDIF Out and the most discussable Support for Dolby® Home Theater which is taken in to consideration while buying the motherboard, and off course no need to say but, it is obvious, it provides the High Definition Audio.

I would like to say that, see each of the motherboard supports different codec as I cannot guarantee that it would support the recording for stereo mix sound, yeah it has a capability for sure. And to the degree that I know it would support the recording too, and if suppose if you’re not getting it by default, you may always have the option to use the third party software for recording, If you search for such a software that is used for recording you’ll get almost above 100 software for the same, so that’s not the big deal.

What you are expecting is really you are going to get, because the motherboard you have mentioned is new, in fact released just now, thus off course it would have almost each and every functionalities that you are expecting. And about the windows 7, they are providing the inbuilt sound drivers, that might didn’t support the recording, but that’s not the big deal, as you can simply uninstall those drivers and install the one you get it with the motherboard, and then I am sure about the ALC892, it would give you the support for recording, but if you see, there Is another benefits also along with this.

If you are not very much aware about the motherboard you can simply visit to any computer peripheral store and if you ask for this motherboard they will give you the simple ides, otherwise you can have the online support too from the gigabyte itself from their official website. You can check there also for your product and about the sound driver 892 is the latest as far as I know, so you would get the support for HD audio too.