Thread: What is Realtek ALC892 sound card codec

What is Realtek ALC892 sound card codec

Hi, I am planning to buy the motherboard GA-890GPA-UD3H, how is it? And what is the basic difference between the sound card codec ALC889 to Realtek ALC892 which one shall I prefer? I have heard about the ALC892, but I am confused about, whether it will support Dolby digital live support? What are the basic difference between those both, need advice kindly help me. Thanks.

Re: What is Realtek ALC892 sound card codec

Brother, the motherboard you have mentioned is superb I would say, as I hope you have the proper specification about this motherboard, otherwise I would like to told you about it. First of all it has a Support for Socket AMD processors such as AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processors. And the chipset is of AMD itself which is better I’d say, and they are on the north Bridge it is AMD 890GX, and South Bridge it is AMD SB850. It’s good to buy I’d say.

Wow, that’s very good that you are about to buy the new motherboard, and the above mentioned motherboard is also good, as it has a USB support for version 3.0 and it also have a inbuilt HDMI port. I’ would like to recommend you the same, about the sound drivers, I am not very much aware about realtek ALC889 but yeah but the 892 is too good, and as you see, it is the newer version so you won’t have to bother about.

I’d like to tell you that you should use only the ALC892 only, as it’s my personal experience I am mentioning, you’ll get the Surround sound more clearer, more deeper, and better than ever before. In fact I have a 7.1 surround sound system , thus I am able to see the difference between both of that drivers, and I had used that one also, but didn’t went with it for more time, as I get this driver. And off course this would support the DDL.

The most important feature that I like is like The ALC892 supports the streaming of the new lossless multichannel codecs such as Dolby True HD and DTS HD, and you’ll the sound quality then you have ever before, and the best thing is, it has a good compatibility with the motherboard you have mentioned. And if you’re confused then I would like to say that, as this is the ALC892 is the new version than, it should be better, rather more powerful that the previous one. So I’d like to suggest the same.

The main difference what I get in their series is like after ALC889 all the other drivers release after that has a support to the gigabyte licensed dolby home theater. And as you are asking which one to prefer, I’d say 892 is the best one, and you can select the features of dolby digital sound, you can simply check the check box which you’ll get in the realtek property windows under support format tab. And if you want more information regarding this, you can simply visit the realtek’s official website also.

See, if you have just decided to buy that motherboard only, then its good I would say, but still I would like you to go through the buying guide at least once, thus you can get more idea about the product you are about to buy and along with that, other motherboard also. And see the sound drivers you’ll get it with the motherboard itself only, you won’t have to bother about that. And as far as I know, all the latest drives have the capability to support the DDL.