Thread: Import address book from Windows XP to thunderbird in Windows 7

Import address book from Windows XP to thunderbird in Windows 7

There are 2 systems in my computer. The desktop PC is running Windows XP and laptop is working with Windows 7. Right now I am demanding to import an address book from Windows XP to thunderbird in Windows 7. The address book (wab) is Stored in an usb storage device and therefore the import attribute of thunderbird cannot discover it. Up to now the merely thing that I have attempted is converting the wab file to csv and attempted to import that into thunderbird except it does not function at all. Do you have any suggestion over this?

Re: Import address book from Windows XP to thunderbird in Windows 7

WAB (Windows Address Book) is a kind of file format utilized inside Microsoft Outlook Express to save each and every one of your contact data. If you would like to relocate your Outlook contacts in the direction of an additional email program, for example Google's Gmail, your most excellent alternative is to translate your contacts toward a Common Separated Values (CSV) format. This is a normal format that is utilized in order to import contacts to additional programs. In order to translate a WAB file toward CSV, you should export the Outlook Express address book in the direction of a CSV file.

Here is a step by step method to accomplish your task.
    • First of all you need to Login into the Outlook Express.
    • After that click on top of "File" menu and click "Export." choose "Address Book."
    • Then click"Text File (Comma Separated Values).">"Export."
    • Type a identity intended for the CSV file inside the "File Name" container and choose "Save."
    • Now pick "Next." choose which address book area you would like to export. Then click on "Finish." >"OK" >"Close."
    • Establish the latest CSV file on top of your HDD. You can import import this file to an additional email software when required.

Maintaining a backup file is forever an excellent idea in order that you can put back your address book if it turns into spoiled otherwise misplaced. I would suggest backing it up to some USB media that can be saved left from your PC. If you back up toward the HDD (typically "C" drive) your back up can turn out to be despoiled otherwise damaged if you encompass HDD problem. You can furthermore import your address book effortlessly into an additional PC if you store it to somewhere else. There are 2 methods for to export as well as import addressbook files. You can make use of OE's proprietary WAB format otherwise make use of the text or else CSV formats.

I don't be familiar with the accurate particulars of how it can be happened, except my Thunderbird address book has currently been exported toward my Outlook Express address book. My neighbor went down by to observe how I was leaving through it and he effectively carried out the process following the approach of some instructions. I currently think this trouble resolved. Still I don’t know whether the above giver instructions are true or false but I will try those.