Thread: Using Sideload Wonder Machine on Linux and Mac

Using Sideload Wonder Machine on Linux and Mac

This particular forums is has helped me many times to fix the matter of mine. well I want to know whether there is supported version of the Linux and Mac of the Sideload Wonder Machine. If it is available then let me know about the feature and how to use on the Linux or Mac based system. Let me know if you are aware of anything useful information to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Using Sideload Wonder Machine on Linux and Mac

Yes there is version of the Sideload Wonder Machine which is supported by the Linux and Mac. You can have the following feature on that particular version of the Sideload Wonder Machine.
    • You can install the apps on the phone.
    • It also list all the apps on the Android phone.
    • For the root users you can install the apps on the /system/app/ location. You will not be able to delete the file until and unless you have done the Factory Reset.

Well if you are getting issue while installing the SWM on the device the you can use the following instruction on the Linux based system. You need to navigate to the script folder and simply open the pushtodata.sh into the text editor and simply replace the sudo ./adb push 2-Place-App-Here/$appname /data/app/' by using the ‘sudo ./adb install 2-Place-App-Here/$appname’ So try the same and see whether it is making any difference.

I am suggesting following work around if you are getting error message which can be stated as ‘can't find 'data/app' to install’
    • You need to move to the script directory and you have to edit the pushtodata.sh file.
    • You have to later the line which is beginning with sudo./adb.

Code:
    sudo ./adb install 2-Place-App-Here/$apptopush
    • now you need to save the file and simply run the menu.sh command and I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

Many users are getting permission denied error while installing the SWM on the system of yours. You have to see that the phone is rooted and enable the USB debugging and install the latest version of the SDK.
    Now execute the following command on the terminal. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb usb 
    adb shell id 
    adb shell ls -l / 
    adb shell ls -l /data 
    adb shell su -c ls /data 
    adb shell su -c "chmod 777 /data
    adb shell su -c "chmod 777 /data/app
    adb push <app.apk> /data/app
    adb shell su -c "chmod 755 /data
    adb shell su -c "chmod 755 /data/app

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You have to browse to the folder where you have installed SWM on the computer of yours.
    2. Now you have to enter the chmod 777 menu.sh on the terminal and press enter.
    3. It will give you read, write and execute permission so you will not have the acess denied message on the computer.

For the Mac users you need to download the .zip file and simply extract the file on the computer of yours. you need to create a directory which is called as swm-mac. Now change the file permission from the menu.sh. and execute the script on the computer of yours and follow the instruction which you have mentioned over here. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.