Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mercury Quick Test Professional not opening.

Windows Software

Old 19-05-2011

Mercury Quick Test Professional not opening.

Hi friends I am a Testing student, I m pursuing my course into Software testing from an institute. I have installed Mercury QTP 20 days before on my computer it is an automation testing tools. It was working properly, but from last 4-5 days whenever I open the application it show me a error message i.e. enter Product Key I have searched over the net for the Key but I didn?t got any. I uninstalled QTP & re-installed again but again it is asking for Product Key. Please help me as this software is really helpful for me.

Old 19-05-2011

Re: Mercury Quick Test Professional not opening.

Hey it seems the trail version of the software is over. It is the 14 days trail version. You should have took the back up of the exe file. There is only one way the product can work, for that you will have format your hard-drive, & re-install the product. There is no other way you can work on. The key of this software is very expensive & it costs more. Sorry but the only way is to format the hard-drive.
Old 19-05-2011

Hey no need to format the hard-drive. Even I faced the same problem, just delete the registry file of the software & then try to run it. It will definitely run. For that Click on Start> Run, enter regdit and click on OK. You will get the registry file of the application installed on your computer. Click on hkeycurrentuser > Software> Mercury Interactive> QTP. Right click on QTP & click on delete. This will delete the registry file. Then re-start your computer & open the software. Try this way.
Old 19-05-2011

Yes the key of this product is very expensive. I hope u have got this software from the institute from where u pursuing these course. Ask for the crack version. They will provide the crack version & re-install the application. Copy the crack file & paste the file where the application is installed. for eg. ?C: Mercury Interactive/QTP?. Then open the application. It will work, All the best.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,