Thread: How to Replace a picture in Microsoft Word 2007

How to Replace a picture in Microsoft Word 2007

Every week we are making recipe cards in Microsoft Word that has a picture of the last recipe in them, so of course we have to be replacing this picture every week. However, the 'change image' which is intended to be in Microsoft Office 2007 does not appear at all in our system. Do you miss an update or something? We already have SP2 installed and no further updates available on the Microsoft Download Center. We truly require that button, because you cannot re-insert and resize a recipe card each week.

Re: How to Replace a picture in Microsoft Word 2007

You can replace a picture in a 2007 Microsoft Office system document with a different picture, or you can remove the picture. Just do the blow steps for replacing the picture.
    1. Click on the picture which you wish to replace.
    2. Below Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Change Picture.
    3. Place a new picture, and after that double-click it.

This is the easy and mean way to replace picture in word 2007. Let me know the result after applying this on your word.

I do notice the Change Picture key in the Adjust group (in Word 2007 below Windows XP), so I am not certain why you are not seeing it, but possibly you could utilize this workaround:
    1. Save a copy of this week's picture in a specific place as, say, RecipePhoto.jpg.
    2. Utilize Insert | Picture to insert the picture, but, in its place of utilizing the Insert button, click on the arrow next to it and select Link to File.
    3. While you wish to alter the picture, save a copy of the new picture in the similar place with the similar name.
    4. Update the picture in the recipe card by choosing it and pusshingF9.

This is odd behavior. Can you put in the Change Picture command to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)? Depart to Office button, Word Options and select Customize from the catalog on the left. Select All Commands from the select commands from: drop-down in the upper left and scroll down the catalog to place Change Picture. Choose it and click Add. If you can achieve this, click OK in the lower right to save the changes.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. Utilize the Control Panel's Program and Feature applet. Left the applet load and inhabit the program catalog after that choose your Office 2007 application from the list. Click Change from the options at the pinnacle of the listing. On the first screen choose Repair after that click Continue in the lower right. Carry on through the procedure answering queries and clicking OK or Next.

So I could do that, but the key was grayed out one time it came into the toolbar. But I have figured out what was going on. The template was shaped on a Mac by means of word for Mac and opening it on a pc someway meant that alternative was not applicable. So I shaped a new document in Word 2007 on the PC and made the template in there and voila, I currently have the choice to change picture. Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions. Glad we got it shaped out!

I had the similar trouble. The Change Picture alternative was missing from the "Adjust" panel on the "Format" tab. I appended it to the Quick Access Toolbar, but it was grayed out and not working. My document was not shaped on a Mac, but here's what I establish: My document was a word 2007 document (.docx) but it was saved in "compatibility mode" as pointed to in the title bar at the pinnacle of the Word window, next to the filename. I resaved the document by "save as” locate the type to word document (.docx), and unmark the little box that notify "maintain compatibility with Word 97-2003".