Thread: Photoshop stops responding while editing is in process

Photoshop stops responding while editing is in process

Hello to all. I am a student from a photography course. I am always busy with making certain projects related with photography. To make my presentation better I requires Adobe Photoshop software. My system has 250 GB of Hard disk. I have already assigned most of my system storage to ‘C’ drive. Even I have permitted RAM to use maximum of its space for loading Photoshop files. As the most of my work is related with Photoshop I keep the maximum windows of Photoshop open on my screen. Since last few days my system is running very slow. And the major problem is when I open the window of Photoshop the system either stops responding or it works very slowly. It also takes so much of time to open the window of Photoshop. What can be the problem, and its solution.

Re: Photoshop stops responding while editing is in process

Ohhh! my dear photographer I will simply explain you the problem you are facing in your language itself. Tell me I f you 1 GB of Memory card in your camera. And you fill up most of its capacity you face the problem of reduction in the FPS speed. It will affect your clicking’s performance. This is the similar problem related with you in your PC. Just do one thing. To reduce the overload on the Hard drive next time assign the limited/ required amount of memory to the system partition. Don’t assign more than the requirements. This is the only reason why your computer is running slow.

Well said master. But there can be another prediction of presence of virus in your system as well. Do one thing. Start your computer in the safe mode with networking. By pressing F8 continuously at the startup itself. Then connect to internet and scan your computer for errors online. Or you can scan your computer for viruses in the safe mode as well. At the next start up your system may run on the normal speed. But if the problem continues, then you have to make some arrangement for backup of your important files and then you have to make reinstall of Windows and to assign limited memory usage. This will solve your problem for sure.

I don’t think that there is need to scan for viruses. This problem is related with excessive use of memory or graphical interface. I think you might be not having a GPU added in your system. As you are working on the graphical interface at the most you have to improve that interface of your system. You can get an AGP card of NVIDIA or ATI or INTEL in the market at very lesser price buy that card for your system. Prefer the capacity of 1 GB or 512 MB. This will be really useful for you to work for longer and smoother on your projects. Because the RAM maybe using all of its capacity to store the Photoshop files temporarily. This is harming your system’s performance. Get it fixed.

Satyrs Guest

Hmmm, this possibility cannot be nodded. Because if RAM is busy in working on any of your Photoshop file then it might make your whole process slower. So you must increase your Graphical capacity. And have to make it independent. To keep the RAM busy in its own applications. This will make your system run faster, it will also give you best of the output on the screen as well, so that you can enjoy doing your work . try doing both the possibilities. There are very chances of viral infection to your system . if so then it will be very dangerous for you.