Thread: Video playback failed in Mac

Video playback failed in Mac

I am using MAC laptop and I have recently upgraded the operating system to lion latest update. Before that I was using old version of lion operating system. But I am facing one problem with my laptop. Whenever I try to play any video files in my laptop at that time it is giving error and at it gives message that video playback is failed. I don’t know what is wrong with my system. But I am facing this problem regularly please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Video playback failed in Mac

After reading your problem I would like to tell you one thing that if you are facing this problem with some specific file then first check it that those files are belong to proper format which your player can support. Because many times our player cannot play some files due to its unknown format. And because of that our system gives error. So first check this and then let me know so I can give you solution according to that. I hope this information will be helpful to you

If you are getting error while playing any video file then I think you should try to solve your problem by playing that file with some different player. First check that any music file is working properly with your player. If it is working fine then I think there is something wrong with the video codec’s. I think you should install any other media player and try to play these files in that player. If same problem is coming after doing that also then let me know.

I have read your issue and after that I searched on the internet for this problem. If you are playing this file in I-movie application and if these files working properly with other application then I think there is something wrong with your i-movie player. I think you should install the latest version of the i-movie. You can get latest version for I- movie from internet and then install it in your laptop. After that you will not find any difficulties with your laptop. I hope my solution will be helpful to you.

I have read your issue. If you are not able to play video files in your laptop then I have one trick which you can try to solve your issue. If you are facing this problem with some specific file then try to play that file after converting it in some different format. Because sometimes by changing the format or video resolution we solve this problem. So I think you should try this solution so. If you are having this problem even after trying this solution then Ilet me know.

After reading above post I have tried all the solution but none of the solution worked for me. I have also installed the new version of i-movie. After that I installed it in my laptop also but none of the trick worked for me. I have also tried to solve this problem by converting my files in different format but after that only I can see the video but no sound so it doesn’t make any sense. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Please help with it.

As you have mentioned above that you are still not able to play video files after trying number os solutions that is why I have some different trick to solve your problem. If you have upgraded your operating system with latest updates then I suggest you to rollback that updates. I think you should witch back to old version of the operating system. After doing that you will be able to play all the files. Try this solution and let me know whether it makes any difference or not?