Thread: What does Installshield Manager refer to

What does Installshield Manager refer to

In the taskbar next to clock I have the icon for a application called as InstallShield Update Manager that appears from time to time. It always trys to look for updates. I do not understand that does this application is required of not. What does this does and if not needed then how can I remove this out. I never installed this application. Is it part of Windows or is it a virus or something. And also in control panel I do not find any information regarding this application for removal. What do to with this.

Re: What does Installshield Manager refer to

This occurs when you are suing InstallShield Software Manager to Manage Updates. Many time you will encounter a bug and and there it is needed to upgrade InstallShield. The solution to check for update is right clicking on that and then clicking on owners link. It will take you to the download page and from there you can download and update it. It is not a harm, but if you want to delete this then you might need to go for some kind of registry modifications. The Software Uninstall deletes only entries in the Windows Register database, execute InstallShield That Has EACH system boots. No files are deleted or applications.

I can provide you the location of this tool. It is in the Windows directory. I will recommend you to go in C drive \ Program Files \ Common Files \ InstallShield \ update service. Do not worry for the deletion it is not write-protected. All you have to is just right click and click on properties and then disables it. Other easy way for this is you can use and Update Manager uninstaller. You have to download and run it and then it will just removes automatically.

I do not know why I automatically installed the Installshield Update Manager. It is a a program that automatically downloads updates to some programs. You can remove the same if you do not want it. You can delete that directly from C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Installshield. Just go in that and delete the file. Reboot your system and then check back again. It is not a kind of a virus which can effect your system it just download updates for some programs in your system.

You can also visit InstallShield support website and there you can download the uninstaller. You can also get a download file if in future you want the same. But there is some place where this software is necessary. Sometime it manages the installed with applications to get new updates. It also manage the operation of drivers such as your network card drivers, sound card, etc.And even with programs like Corel Draw. And the tool is intended only to monitor on temporary setup and download updates of these applications. So if you stop it then you might face some issue in future.

Satyrs Guest

It is really not needed. You can install Tuneup Utilities in your system or CCleaner. You can then remove the files and then run the tools to stop and run services. This CCleaner really is free and very useful to keep your equipment functioning efficiently. You can use this to wipe out unwanted registry entries and also keep your system much cleaner. In the screen control panel you can found the icon of Program Updates which is next to Programs and Features. It is the part where you can install additional options and configure them.