Thread: Large Font size on received emails on Outlook 2010

Large Font size on received emails on Outlook 2010

I have recently started using Microsoft Outlook 2010 , I have a problem when I receive emails. The font size of the email received is too large in Microsoft Outlook 2010. I tried using ctr/scroll zoom has no effect on it. Whenever I receive mails which are in HTML form that contains images and breaks apart which is not readable. Can anyone suggest me how do I overcome this problem.

Re: Large Font size on received emails on Outlook 2010

I think come emails that are from sender side’s comes with the font of Arial 100. I think sometimes it may be from sender’s side that is why you were finding HTML forms breaking in and you were not able to read. You can also try opening the mails in safe mode and see it may work out. I wanted to know whether you zoomed in beyond 100%. At the bottom on a right hand side there is a slider where you can have control over the zoom. I think that it may work.

The change in default font setting is very simple.
    First step is that you need to launch outlook 2010 and then click on file menu.
    After clicking on File menu, click on Options.
    When you click on options you will mail option on the left hand side of the slider you need to click on that and from main dialog box click on stationary and Fonts.
    Then it will open signatures and stationary dialog then switch to personal stationary to change the default setting.
    After that you will find a font dialog box where you can change the settings of font such as font size and font style.
    This is how you can change the default setting of fonts.

This was about how to change the default setting of font where as we need to change the font size when we receive the emails and when they are in HTML form they are unreadable. This occurs only when the sender who has send it in larger font. When you change the default font setting you can repeat this setting when you want to send or reply to any email. You can also send this type of mail by increasing the font which contains the HTML form, and then the receiver will also be unable to read it.

You just cannot blame on the sender there are many factors due to which the font size of received emails appeared to be long. The factors that include are the version of outlook which you use. It depends that whether the sender and receiver are using same outlook or not. The second factor may be the type of mail server you are using. The third factor may be whether you are using word as your e-mail editor or not. The last may include that the format of receiving message. Based on these factors the font may occur large in received emails in Microsoft outlook 2010.

ThumbsUp Re: Large Font size on received emails on Outlook 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerius View Post
    I have recently started using Microsoft Outlook 2010 , I have a problem when I receive emails. The font size of the email received is too large in Microsoft Outlook 2010. I tried using ctr/scroll zoom has no effect on it. Whenever I receive mails which are in HTML form that contains images and breaks apart which is not readable. Can anyone suggest me how do I overcome this problem.
    See if this helps.... It fixed it for me.