Thread: ‘Microsoft Word Starter 2010 can't be opened. Try again or repair the product in control’ Error message in Microsoft Office 2010

‘Microsoft Word Starter 2010 can't be opened. Try again or repair the product in control’ Error message in Microsoft Office 2010

recently i have installed Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer of mine. whenever i am trying to open Microsoft Word Starter i am getting an error message on the computer of mine. The error message can be stated as ‚Microsoft Word Starter 2010 can’t be opened. Try again or repair the product in control panel’ I don’t know why this particular problem is occurring. If you are having any particular suggestion then let me know as early as possible.

Re: ‘Microsoft Word Starter 2010 can't be opened. Try again or repair the product in control’ Error message in Microsoft Office 2010

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here i am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours. Well you have to right click on the Microsoft Starter 2010 when get the above the mentioned error message on the computer of yours. You have to click on the Change button from the right click context menu. It would be repair by the Windows 7. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Re: ‘Microsoft Word Starter 2010 can't be opened. Try again or repair the product in control’ Error message in Microsoft Office 2010

I am suggesting following solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • You should launch the registry editor on the computer of yours.
    • After launching the registry editor you have to search for the following registry.

Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Folder types\{ef87b4cb-f2ce-4785-8658-4ca6c63e38c6}
    • Once you have found the same you should remove the registry key and restart the computer of yours.

I think you would be able to resolve the matter by running ‘Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics’
    • You should click on the Office button and then go for the Word Options.
    • Into Word Option you have to click on the Resources.
    • Now you have to click on the Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.
    • After doing the same you would be to fix the matter of yours.

I am suggesting that you should reinstall the Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer and see whether it is working or not. You should completely remove the program and install the same on the computer of yours. If reistalltion of the software is not working then i recommend that you should update the Microsoft Office with latest version. You can get the update from the official website. I am hoping that any of the above mentioned solution is working or not.

Let me know whether reinstalling the Microsoft office is working or not. If it is not working then I am sure that this particular problem might be happening due to bug issue. Well i am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the program and file a bug report. You should tell them regarding the problem which you are getting and the computer configuration. They will fix the bug from the program and release the updates on the computer.