Thread: How to open SHS files in Microsoft Word 2010?

How to open SHS files in Microsoft Word 2010?

As the title suggesting what I am going to ask over here. Well I have installed Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer of mine. I have found that I was unable to open the SHS file on Word 2010. Let me know why I am unable to open the SSH file? Do you having any particular suggestion then feel free to share with me. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to open SHS files in Microsoft Word 2010?

I want to which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours. Because the thing which you are looking to get is removed into Windows Vista and the later version of the Windows. So if you are having Windows Vista or Windows 7 on the computer then you will not be able to get the thing which you are looking for in this particular thread. However i let you know if i come across any other solution.

I am suggesting the following thing which you can try and see whether it is working or not. You can restore the ability to read the SSH file by simply copying the shsscrp.dll file and also the file which is associated on the Windows XP and place the same on the Windows 7. You will not get the entire functionality but you can use the same to get the requirement of yours. Whenever you placed the SHS file on word document you will have Package object icon than that of the original content.

Looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following steps.
    • You should launch the Word on the computer. you need to open the new document and place the .shs file.
    • You should highlight the SHS file and drag and drop the same on the Word Document.
    • It might contain viruses so you should be careful while dealing with the same.

I let you know that the SHS file is a scrap file which is created whenever you are dragging the part of the document on the desktop of the computer.
    • You have to see that the Word is not opened into maximize window.
    • Now select the text from the document and drag the same on the desktop.
    • It would create a scrap on the desktop and you can put the scrap wherever you wanted to place on the programs.

I let you know that the Scrap files are OLE objects and it cannot be read by any mean. I mean you will not be able to open .shs file or you cannot insert any document. If you are looking to place scrap on the document you should drag and drop on the document of yours. however you will be able to rename the document as you do with the ordinary file name. whenever you drag the scrap on the other word document it uses the settings and sizes of the existing page setup of the document.