Thread: ‘This file can't be previewed because of an error’ in Microsoft Word 2010

‘This file can't be previewed because of an error’ in Microsoft Word 2010

Recently I have installed Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer of mine. I am getting an error message on the computer of mine when I am trying to view Word file in the Word 2010. The error message is already mentioned on the title of this particular thread. Due to this particular error message I was unable to preview any of the document of mine. let me know if you are aware of any possible solution to fix the matter of mine. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ‘This file can't be previewed because of an error’ in Microsoft Word 2010

I want to know some more information on this particular matter so that I can let you know about the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you using Windows Explorer to preview the Word documents of the Word 1010? From when you are having this particular issue? Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible. I am waiting for the prompt reply of yours.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. However I have managed to fix the problem of mine. Well I have run this particular program as Administrator and also I have disabled the Administration notification from the system of mine. in order to run as admin you have to right click on the exe file of the word and select Run As Administrator from the right click Context menu. After using the above mentioned thing the Word Previewer begin to work again on the computer of mine.

I let you know that the document should be placed at the Trusted Source.
    • You have to go for File and click on the Option.
    • Into Option you have to click on the Trust Center and Click on the Trusted Center Settings and go for Trusted Locations.
    • After doing the same you will see that the previewer would work fine again.

I am suggesting that you should use ‘Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics’ on the computer and see whether it is helping you out or not.
    1. You have to click on the office button and the Click on the Word Options and go for Resources.
    2. Now you have to search for the ‘Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics’ and click on the same.
    3. After using the above mentioned thing you should reopen the Word file on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

Well I am suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here could be happening due to corruption of the files of the Word 2010. I let you know that you should reinstall the Office 2010 and see whether it is working or not. You should uninstall the Office 2010 from the computer and reboot the machine and after rebooting you should install the Office 2010 on the computer. I am hoping that reinstallation of Office 2010 would be helpful to you.

Do you have installed updates for the Microsoft Office which you have installed on the computer? Well I am suggesting that you should visit the official website of Microsoft Office and look for the latest updates. Once you have find the same you should download on the computer and after finishing with downloading you should installed the same on the computer of yours. you should restart the computer after installing the same on the computer of yours.