Thread: Automatic Save A Backup Copy in MS excel 2007

Automatic Save A Backup Copy in MS excel 2007

I am using DELL laptop in which I am running windows vista and I use Microsoft office 2007 for all my office work. I use to work on Microsoft excel and many times it happens that I was working on the excel and sometime my laptop gets switched off due to low battery and I lost all the data from my excel work book. So I want to know that is there any way to set excel workbook in auto save mode or does it create automatic backup copy of the document. If anyone has any solution then please let me know so I can solve this problem.

Re: Automatic Save A Backup Copy in MS excel 2007

I have read your post and as you have said that you normally lose your important data because of low battery in your laptop and your laptop gets switched off suddenly. First of all I advice you that whenever you do any important work on your laptop at that time make sure that your laptop battery is fully charged. Because sometimes it may result in very big and serious data loss. I hope my information will be help will to you and you will work with properly charged laptop.

If you facing this problem regularly and you want that your Microsoft work book saves your document regularly then you can set the auto save option in Microsoft excel after that it will save the document regularly after every 10 minutes and if you want to change the auto save time than you can change it according to your requirement. Try this solution after that you will not lose any data. I hope this solution will be helpful to you.

Yes you can set the automatic save option in the Microsoft excel workbook by doing this steps.
    • First open the Microsoft excel and the click on the office button on the top left side.
    • After that click on the excel option. It will open the excel option dialogue box.
    • In that box click the save tab.
    • In that tab you will find the option of save auto recover option after every minute.
    • In that option set the minutes according to your need.

After that it will automatically save the data.

I have tried your steps and set the automatic save option in the Microsoft excel. After that I was not facing any problem but now I am looking for the backup option. Is there any way in the Microsoft excel that it automatically creates the backup copy of my documents? If there is any option then please suggest me where I can find this option. This option will be very helpful for me. Please reply me with your useful suggestion. I am waiting for your reply.

I you want to crate automatic backup in Microsoft excel then you can do that. For that you need to perform these steps. First click on the save as option after that it will open the save as dialogue box. In that box you will find the option of tools. Click on the tools and then select the general option after that you will get the option of always create backup just enable it. After that it will create the back up of your all the important documents. I hope this will be helpful to you.

After reading your post I have tried to perform all the steps as you have mentioned in your post. But after doing all the things now I am able to crate automatic backup of my all the important document. Now whenever my laptop gets switched off automatically at that time a get my entire document as it is. I am really happy that now I don’t need to worry about my document. Now I make sure that my laptop battery is fully charged. Thank you for your help and your information.