Thread: Microsoft Word 2010 Envelope: How to get the bar code under the Address?

Microsoft Word 2010 Envelope: How to get the bar code under the Address?

Well I have installed Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer of mine. I am having a particular query which I wanted to get by any mean. I am looking to have bar code the envelope. I have already done the same on the Office 2003 but I am not able to get the same on the system of mine. Let me know if you are having any solution to meet the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Microsoft Word 2010 Envelope: How to get the bar code under the Address?

I want to let you know that the Barcode which has been generated no longer qualified for the USPS bulk mailing discounts. Well the USPS have changed the method in which they were calculating the postal bar code. Due to this particular reason POSTNET bar code which has been generated by the Microsoft Word. So I think you will not be able to generate the bar code in Microsoft Office 2010.

If you are looking to have bar code on the envelope of yours you need to use the following steps and see whether it is working or not. You have to ‘Insert’ tab and go for ‘Quick Parts’ button and go for Fields where you have to select the Bar Code from the Field menu. Also you can get the templates from the official website for entering the Bar Code menu. So try the same and see whether you are able to get the Bar code on the envelope or not.

Looking at the requirement of yours I am suggesting that you should use the following instruction and see whether it is working or not.
    • You have to search for the Bar code dialog box in Word 2010.
    • You have to check the box and enter the Zip code in the same.
    • Now you have to uncheck the box and press OK button.
    • This will give you Zip code into the bar code format.

The USPS is now calculating the postal bar code into multi unit building which is being used by the formula which is based on secondary number. For e.g. Apartment number. In order to calculate the postal bar code USPS is using the last two numbers of the street address. Also it needs an online verification of the address before it seems to be qualify for the anything like bulk mailing discount or address for the organization or business.

Well I have seen that the Microsoft is providing third party contact information in order to get the technical support. I let you know that this particular information might change without any notice. However Microsoft did not guarantee about the accuracy of the third party contact information. So I think you have figured out the idea why are you not able to get the bar code on Microsoft Word.