Thread: Spell check is not working after changing to UK version of Office in Microsoft Office 2010

Spell check is not working after changing to UK version of Office in Microsoft Office 2010

Well I have installed Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer of mine. after using word I have found that the Spell check was not working at all. So I have change the language settings to the UK version of the office. I am unable to figure out why this particular problem is occurring. Let me know if you are having any particular solution to fix the matter of mine. any help on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Spell check is not working after changing to UK version of Office in Microsoft Office 2010

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting following step which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • You should launch the registry editor on the computer of yours. you should click on the Start button and enter regedit in the Run and press enter.
    • Into registry editor you have to search for the following registry key.
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
    Tools\Proofing Tools
    • You should backup the above mentioned registry on the computer of yours.
    • Now you should delete the same and reboot the computer.

Re: Spell check is not working after changing to UK version of Office in Microsoft Office 2010

Whenever you open the document on the Word you need to see that there is English UK. You have to click on the same and a new window will pop up on the screen. You have to select the desire language and simply click on hit default. You need see that you have clicked on the automatically detect language. Finally you have to click on the Check Spelling and Grammar in order to check the same. Now you have to click on the Ok button and see whether it is working or not.

I am suggesting a specific solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You should go for Control Panel from the start menu and go for Add or Remove program.
    2. You have to click on the Microsoft Office Edition and click on the Change button.
    3. You have to go for Office Shared Features and click on the Proofing Tools and click on the Run all from My Computer.

So try the same and let me know about the results.

I was having the same problem and I have managed to fix the same.
    • Into Word 2010 you have to click on the office button and click on the Word Options.
    • You have to left click on the Add-Ins. You have to click on the COM Add-ins from the Word Options dialog box. Now click on the Disabled items and Click on Go button.
    • Into Disabled Items dialog box you have to search for nlsdata0009.dll and enable the same.

I am suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to corruption of the any of the files of the Microsoft Office. So I recommend that you should reinstall the entire software on the computer of yours. Well I am suggesting that you should completely uninstall the program from the computer and reboot the computer of yours. after that you should install the Office 2010 on the computer of yours.

Well let me know whether you have installed the latest updates regarding the Office 2010. I am suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to bug issue and which has been fixed by the developer and they released the updates for the same. So you should visit the official website and get the updates and install the same on the computer of yours. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.