Thread: OpenType fonts do not display reliably with Word

OpenType fonts do not display reliably with Word

Here is a very odd font trouble I have observed with Word 2010. I have a document which utilizes Minion Pro (an OpenType font). While the document is set up in landscape mode, the bolded edition of the font emerges tainted on the screen (though it at a standstill prints ok). Here's what it seems like. (I added the red outline.) If I alter the direction of the page to portrait, and do not anything else, the font exhibits ok. Here's what that seems like. Trouble seems to be precise to this font, but I can reproduce the trouble on a different computer. anyone have any idea on this?

Re: OpenType fonts do not display reliably with Word

Fonts with PostScript outlines occasionally exhibit wrongly after being edited in Word's Print Layout. Lot of workarounds for this trouble in order of the majority convenient to least convenient are:
    1. Add a Right-to-Left language, for example Hindi, to your list of editing languages. [(In Word) File -> Options -> Language -> [Add additional editing languages] -> Hindi -> Add]
    2. Every time a document is unlocked with the wrong font being displayed change to a dissimilar printer (and back). [(In Word) File -> Print]
    3. Uninstall all printers from Windows. [(In Windows) Start -> Devices and Printers]

Here I just wish to add something regarding this font issue. Do you know that this fixes the trouble? I would favor to not purchase a right-to-left language pack, but if that fixes the trouble, I will. To my information or I can say how much I know about this, and in spite of weeks' effort by MSFT support, they have been not capable to duplicate the trouble or illustrate a workaround or solution.

In an effort to falsify on ahead, I:
    1. Installed the Microsoft Office 2010 Language Pack (English) (that, I presume, just reinstalled English-language files)
    2. Added Hebrew to my catalog of languages (this did not setup Hebrew, as I haven't acquired it), exited all Office programs and again started Word.

Now I can no extensive duplicate the trouble (I think. Can somebody that's seeing this trouble please just do #2 and notice if it fixes the trouble? As well, if somebody out there has access to the language pack (that I do using a TechNet subscription, but you might not), possibly try duplicating what I did?

I speculate if there is any additional update on this trouble. I utilize Minion Pro in my customized normal.dot template and on the control from office 2003 to 2010 the Minion Pro font has spent haywire. It arbitrarily changes to something resembling Arial- even though word says it is Minion Pro. The just way I can acquire it back is to alter the text to Garamond, choose it hand after that utilize Normal from the template - though it keeps randomly changing on me. This is a key pain and I am considering going back to word 2003.