Thread: Mail Merge not working in Word 2010

Mail Merge not working in Word 2010

I have Word 2010 installed on my PC. One of my tasks has always been a mail merge message and instead of HTML, Word document sent as attachments. For reasons I will not trouble tedious you, it is important that we send is an add-on, not fixed in the body of the email in HTML. This has all the time been done in the past (eg Word 2007) by creating the document in Word (this would be the document that is displayed as an attachment in email) through the steps to merge with data source, insert fields, etc, and then pick up the tab will select Finish & Merge Send emails. From here I would like to select the mail format of the appendix (no HTML) and off it would go. I needed to click a "Allow" button twice for every message you send, but it worked fine. I have done for years 2003 and 2007. Now I have Word 2010 installed and not working. While I follow the process that makes it appear that the program is sent (I have to click on the "Allow", but only once ...), but while I look in my sent file (I utilize Outlook 2010), the message is not there. Nor is it in outbox. It is as if just vanishes.

Re: Mail Merge not working in Word 2010

A supported hotfix is obtainable from Microsoft. Though, this hotfix is planned to correct just the trouble that is illustrated in this article. Apply this hotfix just to systems that are experiencing the trouble described here. This hotfix might receive extra testing. Consequently, if you are not harshly affected by this trouble, we recommend that you stay for the upcoming software update which contains this hotfix.

If the hotfix is obtainable for download, there is a "Hotfix download obtainable" section at the Microsoft official site. If this part does not emerge, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to get the hotfix. If additional troubles take place or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to make a split service request. The common support costs will apply to extra support queries and troubles that do not qualify for this precise hotfix.

This process can be utilized to mail merge to e-mail, counting attachments with every message while Microsoft Office Outlook is installed. It has been utilized with all editions of Office from Office 97 up to and counting Office 2007. It is not essential for Outlook to be chosen as the default mail program, but it has to be installed on the system. The process can grip manifold attachments for every message, entity attachments for every recipient, common attachments for all recipients, or a mixture of both.

This sounds like a totally dissimilar query to do with making labels, not to do with merging to email. If it is to accomplish with labels, most probably you are
    1. identifying that it is a label merge
    2. selecting the label layout
    3. attaching the data source
    4. inserting fields into label 1 in the layout you want
    5. "propagating" that layout to the added labels
    6. merging to a novel document (or possibly to the printer)

If not, possibly you could say what you are performing in a different way. And if you are utilizing address block fields, you may require to "matching fields" (even though in lots of cases it looks to be simpler to put in the fields you require separately).

Did you ever obtain a solution to this trouble? I have just installed Office 2010 Professional and I have accurately the similar trouble 8 months later. I can utilize mail merge to construct a solitary document with all the letters in as a record of what I have completed, but sending Word documents directly to my outbox emerges to work but there is not anything in it. This procedure utilized to save me factually hours of work. Now I am back to producing the letters one at a time.