Thread: Unable to convert footers and paragraph using Open Office

Unable to convert footers and paragraph using Open Office

Hello friends, I am stuck in a very strange condition, as I am downloading an important document from a website and edit. I am trying to open that document with open office, but when I try to do that with open office, it replies me that “open office can open and edit the .rtf file”, when I am clicking on ok, open office doesn’t convert footers and some automatic paragraph numbering. The main source file is of MS word, but I am not using Ms Office. So can anyone help me? Guys please do reply it’s urgent for me to edit that document.

Re: Unable to convert footers and paragraph using Open Office

Hey I have gone through to your case and I think I have one solution for you. Some time it happens that open office does not open the proper file with appropriate source. You must try with word processing; you should open work to see that what word processing capability it has. If it is not working then, try to download the MS office, it will work properly. Just try to use with word processing, if you find that it is working for you then reply to this post. All the Best!

Hi to all, I have just gone through to the question and I also have an alternative solution for the same question. I realized that you are with .rtf file, and that format is rich text file format, and it can be easily opened by word processing program i.e. WordPad. You must have word processor on your desktop and you must try to open document with that word processor. So just follow this procedure also, I hope that it will be useful for you.

Hello, after reading all above post and discussion, I have another solution or you can say idea which will be useful for you to open that word file. Just do the new download for open office, when you will start to download it will ask you to save it as ODT file, same it will ask you when you will open the file. After downloading open office, open your document with ODT file. After that open your file gain and see there are any changes or not, hopefully it will be more than enough for you to do this. All the Best!