Thread: How to check data validation compatibility of excel 2010 on excel 2007

How to check data validation compatibility of excel 2010 on excel 2007

Recently I have got a job in good company. This company has provided me laptop for office work. This is good configuration laptop. It supports all most all application. But in this laptop Microsoft office 2010 is install. I don’t know much more about the Microsoft office 2010. I use to Microsoft office 2007. Because I installed office 2007 in my laptop. I prepare the workbook in excel 2010 because I am in office. When I return at home then open this file in office 2007. How to data validate on the office 2007. Because laptop is not permission to bring at home from office. When I save the book in 2010 and opened in 2007, data validation has completely disappeared. If I save the book in 2007 and opened in 2010, data validation is intact.

Re: How to check data validation compatibility of excel 2010 on excel 2007

I want to tell you that you should know about the compatibility mode. You know latest version is run on the older version. But the older version runs on the latest version. Because it is policy of the company and also some modules are added means enhance the older version. It is not big issue. I can tell the process how to see the data on your pc. When you create the spread sheet in excel 2010. After creating when you will save the file then you will see the top corner in the excel sheet click on the logo then you will go to save as and then click then you will see older versions option is available. Save as in which version you want to see.

I would like to tell you about me I have also same issue. But I am not sure with named collections. I don’t know what you mean. In previous version I used the functions first time. And including the standard data validation. Then you will see dependent data validation and Vlookup orientations. Everything I know and work very smoothly for me and also my friend who use the Microsoft office 2010. He also use to Microsoft office 2007 but he didn’t use data compatibility. I think it is non- existence in 2010. If anyone knows something extra then post there.

Well, I have also used Microsoft 2010 office tools. And I also use to excel sheet for preparing my records. But I want to tell you the main solution first you create a test file with data validation record. The try it for opening in Microsoft excel 2007 and check the result if any problem arises. Then try to repair it respire it. I am giving you the link where you can see the steps. Please read this file carefully and follow the steps. The link is repairing the workbook.

You should know more about the Microsoft office. You can download the PDF or e-book from the internet. I don’t know what do you know about the Microsoft? But I want to tell you that latest version never run on the older version. And you can never upgrade the older. But you can purchase the latest version. But you can see you file in excel 2007. But one thing you will have to do. Only when you save your file then always save in older version. I want to suggest you that you learn on the net about the office tools.

This is inadvertent behavior. I have been able to reproduce the problem internally. Also, I did some research on the problem and found that the Excel development team knows about the subject. The error is actually in Excel 2007 does not, Excel 2010. A fix is being considered for Office 2007 Service Pack 3. I am telling you something you will do this steps may your problem will be solve first you clear the validation from the cell and then after you will select the cell and then click editing section and then click clear and then clear all data.

Satyrs Guest

Well, really this problem too big for the beginners. I think when this problem exist in excel in 2003 then there is option for updating the share point lists then now it removed from later. In 2007 you can update the spreadsheets which have data validation. But I want to suggest you that you should use the license version of 2010 because in 2010 this problem has removed this problem. So if you will use the office 2010 the I’m sure you will not face this problem.