Thread: unable rename different tabs of an SSRS Report when exported into Excel

unable rename different tabs of an SSRS Report when exported into Excel

I have purchased a computer. On this system I use many applications. This is very awesome system. And also very good configuration. I installed Microsoft office 2010on this computer. I don’t know much more about the Microsoft office 2010. I have created the format into the excel. This format is used to be on many places. So I want to rename the tab. It shows like this sheet1, sheet 2…and so on. So I want to rename the tabs like this Company Status, state wise report,all india wise report…etc.

Re: unable rename different tabs of an SSRS Report when exported into Excel

I would like to tell you some formula. It will help you. To use this formula you can rename the tab. It is a bit of complicated but very most important code. Just read the code and understand the code. You can change the references of any spread sheet. The formula is given as below:

Sub RenameTabsHandlingNulls()
    ' Renames all worksheet tabs with each worksheet's cell A1 contents.
    'If cell A1 has no content, then the tab is named as "Default"

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
    If Worksheets (i).Range ("A1").Value <> "" Then
    Sheets (i).Name = Worksheets (i).Range ("A1").Value
    Else:
    Sheets (i).Name = "Default (" & i & ")"
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

I would like to tell you that you can rename the tab of the spread sheet just using the third party tool. I would like to suggest regarding OEO (office excel object) using this you can rename the work sheets of your spread sheet tab. I am telling you some references which will help you. First step is to export the list or report into a file shared folder. Then after you will create an external app for opening the excel sheet with file path and then after you will rename the worksheet. Remember in external sheet it refers to the OEO. Then after you will use the object for opening the excel file. And then you can rename the work sheet. After all this procedure you will create a window job for running the external job on timer.

The Excel spreadsheet is named after the group's name. If you are creating a component from the list and place the graphic (for example), that when exporting the report to Excel, each Excel sheet will show the name of the value of a member of the list. For example, if members of the list are "A, B, C" will not be three sheets with specific names. I hope that it will help you. But I suggest you that you join the any tutorials on the net. It will make you stronger in Microsoft office. It’s my view.

Not really. I think it was considering adding it to SQL Server 2008 version but could not. The only time I was able to easily deal with multiple worksheets is when they were the result of page breaks for groups, at which point you can utilize the document map for the collection to the home of hyperlinks to every sheet, not the name, but makes it simple to switch. This is very good solution of this problem. I hope this will solve your problem. Don’t worry every problem has solution.