Thread: MS excel 2010 unable to insert object when linking to a file on a shared volume

MS excel 2010 unable to insert object when linking to a file on a shared volume

Hi friends I am using Microsoft excel 2010 as I have recently installed the Microsoft office 2010 recently. But whenever I tried to insert any object in my excel file from shared volume at that time it gives me error like it cannot insert the object. I was not facing this problem in Microsoft excel 2007. In Microsoft excel 2007 all the things are working fine. I don’t know what went wrong. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Please help me with it.

Re: MS excel 2010 unable to insert object when linking to a file on a shared volume

I have read your issue and first of all I would like to tell you is what kind of object you are trying to insert in the file? Because first you need to make sure that Microsoft excel support that file or object. If that object belong to some other type of format then Microsoft excel will not allow you to insert it. After that make sure that you are giving the right path of that file. So try these ideas I hope after that you will not face this problem again. If you find any difficulties then let me know.

Re: MS excel 2010 unable to insert object when linking to a file on a shared volume

I referred your problem. If you are not able to insert the object from shared volume then I think there is some application which is blocking the file transfer. Check in your system that is there any firewall or any other application is blocking this or not. If it is blocking it then first turn off the firewall and after that try to insert that object in your file. I hope this trick will fix your problem and you will be able to insert the object and complete your work.

If you are not able to insert the object from shared volume then I think you should try this trick. First go to that shared drive and copy the object in your normal local drive. And make sure that you rambler that folder. Now go to your excel file and try to insert the object now. now you have to give new path and insert the object from your local drive only. After doing that it will allow you to insert the object in your excel file. Try this solution and let me know whether it work for you or not?

If you are still facing the same problem even after trying all the solution then I think there is something wrong with your shared volume connection. I suggest you to first check the connection of your shared volume drive. If connection is proper then try to insert another object from your shared volume. If you are able to insert that then I think there is something wrong with your object file. So first check all this thing then you will come to know about exact problem.

I have read your problem and after I have tried same thing in my computer and also in my laptop. I didn’t find any difficulties with that. I think you should reinstall the Microsoft office or try to repair that application. Normally reinstalling the office fix the problem. I am not sure that repair options are available there or not but try to do it. After doing that you will not find any difficulties with that. I hope my information will help you to solve your problem and you will not get this error again.

I have tried to solve this problem in so many ways but after trying all the things I was not able to solve the problem. After that I disconnect my shared volume drive and turn off my entire system. After that I turned on the system again connect the drive but same problem was coming again. Then I turned off the antivirus. After turning off the antivirus I was able to insert the object in my file. Now I am not facing any problem with my work. Thank you.