Thread: Unable to open embedded PDF documents in excel 2007.

Unable to open embedded PDF documents in excel 2007.

Last week I went to the maternal uncle’s home. There my cousin asked me a question to me. But I am getting unable to give the right answer because I don’t know about the solution. Problem is related to the Embedded PDF documents. He wants to read the embedded pdf documents in excel 2007. When he open the PDF documents in excel files but he receives the error,” Cannot start the source application for this object." I searched this issue in different website but I could find the right solution. I recently could perform this function. Has not run any updates in our organization recently, either from Microsoft or Adobe. I also contacted Adobe, but I am unable to determine the cause of this problem at this time.

Re: Unable to open embedded PDF documents in excel 2007.

Hey, this is not big issue but I know for beginner it is big problem for him. I am telling you some steps. First you will install the organization chart add-in. it is installed for Microsoft office. Follow the steps below:
    • Click start< Run <type appwiz.cpl < click OK.
    • Click MS-office 2007 < click change.
    • Click Add and Remove program < Click Continue.
    • Expand Microsoft Excel.
    • Organization chart add-in list < click Run < Continue.
    • Click close < click close add and remove programs

I would like to tell you a little bit of different answer on this topic. First thing you will check in your computer in your settings of the Microsoft excel. I am going to tell you the steps. You will follow the steps very carefully. Just go in your adobe reader and make some changes there. First steps is go into the edit option and then go into the preferences and the after you will go on the general category. And there you will un-check the enable protected mode at start-up. If you will get any warning that you will have to restart adobe reader before it takes any upshot.

I want to tell you my problem I have the similar issue with excel 2010, I am unable to open. PDF that are embedded in more Excel documents. I tried the flowchart Add-In in vain. I have no knowledge of a registry setting that will fix, but this is a great issue and would really similar to a solution to it. If someone finds a way to solve this problem. If anyone knows about this problem’s solution then tell me. I have got an email the solution on my problem. But solution is not right.

I want to suggest you something about this problem. Before one month I did R&D on this problem. Because I had faced same problem. I asked this problem many people and forums. I searched on the Google. Then I got a pdf book on this topic. Finally I had solved the problem. I suggest you when you open the file then go the setting and check all the settings there. Then you will go general category in the Adobe reader and you will see there if the enable protected mode start –up is checked then you will do un-checked and then after you will re-open your adobe reader in excel format.

Than you so much really I have faced this problem many days but I could find the right solution of this problem. But you told me right solution of this problem. Really this problem is too annoying. I followed your step which you told me earlier. But I don’t know much more about the function which you told me. Could you explain the functions which I used in the problem? What do you mean by appwiz.cpl? But really I am happy for solving my problem.