Thread: Excel 2010: Cannot open Clipboard

Excel 2010: Cannot open Clipboard

As I have installed Microsoft office 2010 in my PC and now a day’s Excel giving me problem. My 2010 Excel is locking up; I am receiving a pop up earlier "Cannot open Clipboard", later than that I cannot save my worksheet and it prevent reacting. I try to again reopen it but it’s not ready to react. I even try to search the solution, and as the base of few advices, I try to do some stuff. But still I am at the same place, I mean nothing is happen. So please if anyone here has any unique and any useful information for me than please provide.

Re: Excel 2010: Cannot open Clipboard

Just attempt to unlock Excel in safe mode, if you can unlock Excel fine in safe mode, then stop the Add-ins in Excel. Pursue the steps to open Excel in safe mode. Just Go to Start- click on all programs- Accessories- Run- enter Excel /safe and OK. To know how to disable Add-ins in Excel 2010, just go through this:
    1. Click on the File in Excel 2010 and Click on Options.
    2. In the left hand side of the Options dialog box, click on Add-Ins.
    3. Below ‘Manage’ Click on the COM Add-ins
    4. Unmark all the Add-Ins scheduled below COM Add-ins.
    5. Click on close and again start Excel.

This will solve your issue. So just try this.

I am as well getting this trouble. I have gone so far as to run Microsoft's Procmon to understand what is going mistaken, but no fortune. The output from Procmon made me think indexing on the disk. But while I switched that off, I at a standstill saw the trouble. All I am doing is attempting to duplicate to clipboard. Generally doesn't occur the first time I copy somewhat to the clipboard, but if I have had a document unlock a little while it will occur. It at all times will finally occur. Later than this error, the file cannot be saved by any means. The work is mislaid. Even "Save As" cannot save.

I have been getting the below errors in Excel 2010 for approximately 2 months and they are getting more common:
    1. Errors were spotted when saving 'C: \Users\username\Documents\filename.xlsx'. Microsoft Excel possibly, able to save the file by eliminating or repairing a few features. To craft the repairs in a novel file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.
    2. Cannot unlock the Clipboard.
    3. An unforeseen error has taken place; Auto Recover has been immobilized for this session of Excel.

I have attempted the whole thing- am a comparatively expert MS user and venture level administrator- but this trouble is driving us crazy. It may in fact be dealings with the print drivers. I will repost if this works. I am extremely let down in Microsoft for not providing a superior answer than, re-install. We have reinstalled OS, Re-installed office, updated, repaired the whole thing and there’s a at a standstill trouble. However, the printer is all the time added for certain reasons. Microsoft- please discovers / addresses this trouble. The remaining of Office works great.

I totally concur with the comment above. I purchased a new laptop and installed the 2010 office. I have currently had the laptop and office for concerning 5 months for university and I am unhappy with the trash that Microsoft have flogged off the shelves, I all in support of upgrades and developments but while the excel I have works inferior than the 2003 on my work computer I mislay the will to live. Microsoft sorts this out, or don’t sell software till it works!