Thread: How to recover a document saved directly from download

How to recover a document saved directly from download

I sent my university assignments to a friend to evidence read it. He sent it back with alterations, and I clicked on the attached file in hotmail, and continued functioning on it, clicking save each few minutes. On the other hand I did not click save as, and so while I closed the document recently, my whole days work was misplaced, as it emerges to have saved nowhere. Where had it been saving for the entire day? Can I recover it? I am presently on windows vista and word 2007.

Re: How to recover a document saved directly from download

You may or may not be capable to recover this document as the amends are saved in your Temporary Internet files folder. You can't just unlock your Temporary Internet Files folder straight and discover it because of the way Windows handles your Temporary Internet files but if it's at a standstill obtainable, here's how you can obtain it back:
    1. Unlock one more Word document sent to you as an attachment from an email. If you don't have single, send an email with an attachment to yourself. When you should be able to unlock the similar email attachment as another copy of the file is shaped in your Temporary Internet Files folder, I don't like taking a possibility like that.)
    2. Click on the Office key, point at Prepare, and after that click Properties. The Properties panel will show under the Ribbon.
    3. On the far right of the Properties panel you will notice a file path and the document name. Choose just the file path and push Ctrl + C to copy it.
    4. Push the WinKey + E to unlock the Windows Explorer. (Or utilize a swap technique to unlock it)
    5. Paste the copied file path in the Address bar and push Enter.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. I am having an extremely similar trouble- but I don’t comprehend the instructions stated above? Can you advise me where the office key is, or am I being dim? And yes. I have word 2003. Are you able to assist on this one? I was in the procedure of putting the finishing touches to my best man speech that is on Thursday, I am overwhelmed! Please someone help me.

For Word 2003, unlock one more file as an email attachment (or per earlier instructions, send a file to yourself if you necessitate to) and after that, click File/Save As. This should place you in the Temporary Internet Files folder moreover at or near the right place. You can attempt searching in the Save As dialog box, and if the file is establish, copy and save it to your Desktop or:
    1. Make a note of the present folder
    2. Click the Up one Level key at the pinnacle of the Save As dialog box
    3. Right-click the before noted folder and after that click Explore to unlock the Windows Explorer to that place
    4. Cancel the Save As dialog box

These will surly help you. Good Luck…

Apart from the steps at a standstill don't work for those by means of Word 2007 or Word 2010. You can't utilize Open or the Save As dialog box for these editions-- you all the time finish up in My Documents. As well, the folder shaped in the Temporary Internet Files location isn’t all the time the similar. That is, it may not be named OLK279 and the subsequent email attachment you unlock may not be unlocked in the exact similar folder. You may necessitate view the contents in other folders in the similar area.

The trouble doesn't exist with Outlook 2007- or as a minimum I have been not capable to make the conditions in Outlook 2007 that would build it do so. I agree regarding the appending of numbers, but this is a quite current change. While the page was initially written, which didn't occur and I would venture to advise that it is not occurrence for those who have not kept up with updates - hence the trouble that gave go up to the page.