Thread: Best GEDCOM Reader or the Genealogy Software

Best GEDCOM Reader or the Genealogy Software

Hey guys, I recently started into Genealogy and I am looking for some GEDCOM Reader. I know that some Genealogy software is used for the following, but I am unable to find any Genealogy software for the same. So I wanted to know which GEDCOM readers or the Genealogy software is available so that I can use them to read .ged files. Anyone has any information regarding my query than please feel free to post your suggestions. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Best GEDCOM Reader or the Genealogy Software

Of course there are many software available in the market which can help you. One of them, which I personally use and would recommend you is the Family Tree Maker. You can search for the Family Tree Maker on Internet and download it. It is one of the finest and the best genealogy software available at present. You can discover and share your family history with any of your friends and family members. The Family Tree Maker will help you to create your family tree in faster, better and easier way. These are few features of the Family Tree Maker:
    • You can import existing family tree along with all the photo attachments.
    • You can organize your photos easily with the help of the new improved organization integrated with the software.
    • Slideshows of your photos can be created.
    • Family Books are available and by using it you can share your information with friends and family.
    • Information loading and navigation is easier and faster
    • To ensure that help is always available for the user, online FAQs and support is provided.

You can also use Legacy Family Tree software to create and read .ged files. Search for the same and visit the official website of Legacy Family tree to download the software. You can download either the free version or the deluxe version of the software. You can create family tree using this program. With the help of Microsoft Visual Earth you can map your ancestors from anywhere around the world. You can also see the satellite, 3D or the bird eye images of any place around the earth where your ancestors where settled down. You can even interview your family members in the Interview center which consists of pre-written questions. With the help of Wall Charts you can show you family tree. Creating back-ups is possible. Privacy settings can be created to allow sharing of your information to only whose people whom you wish to share your information with.

GenoPro is one more software, which can prove to be very helpful to you to create your entire family tree. Adding of pictures is possible to create picture albums. Big images of your family lineage can be viewed by using GenoPro software. With the help of GenoPro you can create and print detaile report of your family and that too in any language which the user prefers. Importing and exporting of family details with any another genealogy programs or website is possible. Mistakes and missing entries are spotted automatically with the help of Mistake Checker feature in GenoPro software. To prevent the user from making any error which entering data, GenoPro is integrated with Autocompletion feature. The software guarantees not to affect your system much and make your system slow.

You can also use any of the below few Genealogy softwares:
    • Family Historian Genealogy Software
    • GRAMPS Genealogy Software
    • The Next Generation of Genealogy Site Building
    • RootsMagic
    • My Heritage Family Tree Builder
    • Mac Family Tree
    • Family Atlas Genealogy Software
    • Doro Tree

Dude, I have been using Ancestral Quest software to read my GEDCOM files. By using Ancestral Quest you can compare and merge your data by using an existing GEDCOM file. The Ancestral Quest is very easy to use and also it is the most flexible genealogy software for Windows OS.
    1. Compare and merge databases from an existing GEDCOM file.
    2. It is possible to translate Ancestral Quest into any possible language supported by the application.
    3. Merging of data with the existing one is very easy.
    4. It is possible to store DNA test of each family member alongside them.
    5. Names and places of the family members can be stored in any language.

Wow!! I am amazed with the kind of replies you guys have given me. This is truly astonishing and very kind of all you people who helped me out solving my problem by helping me and replying to my thread. Your suggestions were extremely useful for me. Now I have a list of options from which I have to decide which is perfect for me and which will work as per my terms and requirements. Thank you a lot for your precious time and your priceless efforts.