Thread: Nokia OVI Sync is failing for Calendar and Contacts

Nokia OVI Sync is failing for Calendar and Contacts

Well recently I have installed updated version of Nokia OVI suite on the computer of mine. I have make an attempt to sync with calendar. It is prompting an error message which can be stated as ‘OVI failed to sync saying Microsoft Outlook login and password needed to be checked and that Outlook was not the default mail handler’ It was working fine with the previous version of the OVI map which I have installed on the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having any proper suggestion to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Nokia OVI Sync is failing for Calendar and Contacts

It seems to be really difficult to find out the root cause of the problem. Can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Can you tell me which version of the OVI suite which you are looking to install on the computer? Can you tell me which Nokia mobile do you using currently? Let me know the answers of the above mentioned question so that I can tell you further steps to solve the matter of yours.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting the following thing which you can apply and see whether there is any difference in the situation.
    1. You should launch Task Manager on the computer by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE from the keyboard. You need to look for NokiaOviSuite.exe, nokiaaserver.exe and NokiaMServer.exe into process list on the Task Manager.
    2. If you find the same then you should kill all the processes and restart the computer after doing the same.
    3. After restarting the computer you should do the thing which you are looking for.

I am suggesting that you should use Repair sync from the Sync menu. This particular operation would create the duplicate entries if the sync engine is unable match with the records of the different end points with respect to each other. Another thing which would be happen after using the Repair sync. It would delete all the items which are not removed from the other endpoints and it would be restored to the end points where the items were deleted. You should launch the Nokia OVI suite and see whether it is working or not. Once you have done the same let me know about the results. I am hoping that it will help you out

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting couple of things which you should do and see whether it is working or not.
    F
    • irst of all you should make an attempt to repair Outlook express from the Control Panel.
    • You should also try to repair the PST file of the Outlook.
    • Make sure that you are rebooting the computer after doing the above mentioned thing on the system of yours.

I am highly doubting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is being happening due firmware issue of the phone. Hence I am suggesting that you should try to upgrade the firmware of the device. You should download and install the Nokia Software Updater on the computer. And NSU you will help you to upgrade the firmware of the Nokia phone of yours. also you should backup the data before doing firmware upgrade why because all the data would be being erased after doing the firmware upgrade. You can restore the backup after doing firmware upgrade on the computer of yours.

I am highly doubting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is being happening due firmware issue of the phone. Hence I am suggesting that you should try to upgrade the firmware of the device. You should download and install the Nokia Software Updater on the computer. And NSU you will help you to upgrade the firmware of the Nokia phone of yours. also you should backup the data before doing firmware upgrade why because all the data would be being erased after doing the firmware upgrade. You can restore the backup after doing firmware upgrade on the computer of yours.