Thread: Windows Vista driver for Sigmatel

Windows Vista driver for Sigmatel

I am using the Gateway T-6836 and from last one year I was using the windows xp in my laptop but after that I have decided to upgrade my operating system with windows vista and that is why I installed the windows vista in my laptop after that my laptop has retrieved all the necessary drivers automatically but after that I am not able to play sound in my laptop. Now I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop please give me proper solution for that.

Re: Windows Vista driver for Sigmatel

If you have installed the windows vista in your system and as you have mentioned in your post that it has installed the all the drivers automatically them I think sound drivers must be installed in the system. To confirm it and enable it you need to perform this step. First go to the device manager and then check in the audio device list if the audio driver is listed there then just right click on it and then enable your audio driver. After that you will be able to play audio.

I was also having the same problem and I tried searched the driver from everywhere and I have spent so much of time behind it but even after that I was not able to find the drivers for my laptop. After that I found one drivers called Sigmatel Vista 32/64-bit audio driver and this driver is perfectly work in Gateway T-6836 laptop. So I suggest you to download this driver form its official site and install it in your system. After that your audio will work normally.

If you are having difficulties in finding the Sigmatel Vista 32/64-bit audio driver for your Gateway T-6836 laptop then I think I have better solution for you. To download this driver you just need to click here SIGMATEL VISTA AUDIO DRIVER. After downloading those just install it in your laptop and after that it will restart your laptop. Once your laptop gets restart after that you will find that audio driver is working perfectly. so just try this solution and enjoy your music.

If installing the driver is also not working for you then I think you need to uninstall the windows vista and then install the windows XP again in yur laptop. Once it is done then in other partition install the windows vista. After that check in windows XP if sound driver is already there and it is working perfectly. then open the windows vista an then try to install the audio drivers manually and after that when its asked for driver path at that time give the path of windows xp system folder and after that if it takes the drivers automatically then your problem is fixed.

I have done same thing as you suggested in your reply and after that I restart my laptop. Now the entire problem is solved in my laptop. And now I am able to listen music form both of the operating system and I am not facing any problem in that. Your trick of installing the driver by giving different path really worked for me and I am very happy that my all the problems are gone. So I really appreciate your help and all the support. Thank you so much.