Thread: Every program tries to open with Internet Explorer

Every program tries to open with Internet Explorer

Friends, I am having the Windows XP installed on my computer and that was working fine. But last night when I tried to open an image then it was trying to open with the Internet Explorer. If I try to play some music file then also it tries to open with the Internet Explorer. This is very strange and I have never seen the issues like this. I don’t know that why this is happening to me. I have not installed anything new to my computer. Please tell me that what I should do to resolve this.

Re: Every program tries to open with Internet Explorer

I think that you will have to rebuild the icon cache and check if that can resolve the issue for you. You can search for this on google and you will get the way to do that very easily. There are more chances that it will resolve the problem for you. But for any reason that fails to work then you will have to apply a File association Fix and that will definitely resolve the issue for you. Please reply back if that works or not.

There is possibility that the current Admin account that you are using is got corrupted and that is the reason that you are getting these problems. If you want to check that then you can create another admin account with the full rights and then login with that account and see if that solves the issue for you or not. If you are not getting the problem after this then it will confirm that the admin account was corrupted. Just delete that account and you can carry on with the newly created account.

The internet explorer that is installed in your computer might be corrupted and that is the reason that you are getting this issue. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the existing Internet Explorer from your computer and install it over again. The best way to do that is to download a fresh copy from the internet and then install it from the newly downloaded installer. I have seen many of the problems like this where reinstalling IE resolves the issue and I wish that it will do the same for you.

Right click on the file that is getting opened with the internet explorer and then go to “open with”. After that select the option that says choose from list or something like that. It will open a new widow with list of programs installed in your system. Choose the program from which you wish to open that and select the check box on the bottom for always open with this option. Press OK and this will resolve your problem.