Thread: Are these steps correct for CCleaner?

Are these steps correct for CCleaner?

I am having some problem with my computer and one of my friends suggested me to use the CCleaner. I searched for this on internet and found the steps below that can do that.
    1. Open Ccleaner.
    2. On LEFT side you will find choice that Says REGISTRY.
    3. Click On this Option (REGISTRY).
    4. Click on the option that says scan for issues.
    5. After that click on FIX SELECTED ISSUES.
    6. It will ask for the BACK-UP.
    7. Click on NO.
    8. Click the FIX ALL THE ISSUES on the small box that opens.
    9. It is done now.

I just want to verify that is these steps are correct to do or there is any other (correct) way to do that? Thank you.

Re: Are these steps correct for CCleaner?

I don’t know whether these steps are perfect or not but I would like to just recommend you to not to make use of the Registry Cleaner. I have seen many of the cases where doing the registry cleaner creates more problems and I don’t want that the same would happen to you. So don’t do that if you are not an expert. You can call some professional and they will do it for you safely.

I like to tell you that the above steps for cleaning registry are very correct and that is going to help you as well. I have done this on my computer and never had the problem with that. But other than this I also support the statement above that if it comes in the wrong hand or to some in-experienced then it might create issues for you. So taking help of some expert will be safer for you. Thank you!!!

This is how you will damage your system. If you use the registry cleaner section of CCleaner click Yes to back up the registry that way if something goes wrong, you can always come back. I run both CCleaner and Registry Mechanic and always back up my system before deleting the registry keys. I hope that this is going to help you in any manner. If you have any problem with that then please reply back so that I can give you some other possible solution for this.

I normally make use of the registry cleaner on a schedule Barry (Registry Mechanic) I have never had a problem with it and the benefits are a faster and more efficiently, no matter what you believe. There is, and always will be, a lot of different opinions. Mine, and many sites I visit, is that if you use common sense - backup before deleting anything, will be reasonably good.

It is very possible that some registry cleaning software will solve a problem that we have without any unintended consequences. But there is a difference between an experienced user to take a particular course of action and a rookie to take the same course of action. I do not think any of the staff / admin / advisors here in CHF should play with the health of members of a team and that is what any user is doing by using a registry cleaner.

If you make use of a decent uninstaller then that is a form of a registry cleaner as it cleans the remaining of the implementation of utility. So uninstall programs you do something like use their uninstaller to uninstall registration programs should be fairly clean redundant keys so that it would be necessary to use a registry cleaner.

It is normal to recommend that you uninstall registry edits. The difference is that when you use an uninstall program is asking you to do a specific task. (Remove X program.) First, use the built in uninstaller and then digs deeper to find the missing pieces. The tree shown helps ensure that it is targeted and if you are not sure they cannot always make the change. This differs from a cleaner that only lists all without reference to any particular task.