Thread: SFC and corrupted files: Shock outcome on successive SFC runs

SFC and corrupted files: Shock outcome on successive SFC runs

One of the bugs in Vista is that certain system files are corrupted, as Autochk.exe. There are some complicated solutions to these problems, and that SFC cannot solve all of them. I spent several months sending an email to MS tech support back and forth trying to settle these issues, and final review was only relaying. Reimage finally came out with a 64 bit and not worked well at first. SFC found corrupted files still could not fix. Then I had the brainstorm, demanding to know about Vista's User Account to run the re-imaging admin first and then my user account and for the first time since a clean install, SFC is able to fix all corrupt files, chkdsk now works. But scary, because it is running right after reimage SFC, still finds damaged files, but is able to solve them. I had the brainstorm and run SFC again, immediately, and, guess what, not doing anything else on the team, SFC keeps finding corrupted files. Or is there a problem with the SFC, which I doubt, or some kind of system or another procedure is incessantly causing damage to the file such as a hash mismatch. What could this be?

re: SFC and corrupted files: Shock outcome on successive SFC runs

There has been no power loss during upgrades, and hardware diagnostics on the laptop, get no problem. The power supply comes through a UPS. Like any good system of Windows, it will block from time to time, but the BSOD is very rare, and a boot hard disk is only required every few months or so. I keep my system as clean as possible and run SFC (or even KB947821) and chkdsk regularly, even if no problems have arisen (although they usually do: Windows Vista has to be the name of "not responding OS")

I can just run SFC, and then immediately run again - the next minute - and even over and over again, without doing anything else - are increasingly corrupted files. I could not have been any user interaction, no updates or anything else to do that, and I've tried with the wireless off, no difference. It must be a system process or something that I installed. Maybe Norton is doing. Before using reimage, SFC always find some files could not be fixed, but now all successful repairs.

Here I also have bit problem with this. The files appear to be the same are not. The first time I noticed a few - a small fraction - of my music files after I started using the game folder to sync the music folder on my pc with an external HD. Game folder tell me that some files in both places were not the same, but they were the files that I have not played or played with any program for years. In some cases, has done the similar with video files. The dissimilarity is the hash: the files are identical in size, byte by byte.

Once someone give me the suggestion to run SFC on safe mode which I did, and the results should say something. I plan to uninstall Diskeeper for a while to see if that helps too. If there is a system process, then the mere fact that many files Diskeeper moves around often increases the likelihood of something going wrong. I've run Diskeeper on too, just to see something, and I am surprised by their algorithms as well: you can run 3 or 4 times in a row, and each time you move the MFT in another place, while doing that, Indeed, your pc will be very slow to respond to any user input.

Re: SFC and corrupted files: Shock outcome on successive SFC runs

Reimage could not have caused the problems because the problems are before I was using it for a year and a half. Took a lot of trouble getting Reimage to work, but actually set the system files that Microsoft itself could not solve. Just reimage after CFS stop looking for files you thought were corrupt, but could not solve, so the program obviously did something right: I was having to replace some damaged system files manually as Autochk.exe, and I had to do with such regularity that it became annoying, and had a few files from other systems that were damaged regularly too, for which Microsoft does not have a solution.