Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The best way of encrypting a folder

Windows Software

Old 04-05-2011

The best way of encrypting a folder

I have a very important data in my computer. The one of way is to protecting this data is encryption method. I also performing an encryption task over computer but this method Avery complicated and not to easily understandable .So I want to know more encryption methods to encrypting important data or information. I request to all of you if anyone have information regarding the encryption methods please it post on.

Old 04-05-2011

Re: The best way of encrypting a folder

Every operating system has its different encryption methods. In case of window 2007 it have in built encryption algorithms to encrypt the data. To encrypt the drive or folder in window 2007 is very easy for that you have to right click over the drive or folder and then there will be one option list open. In this open you select encryption and decryption option. After that drive automatically encrypted and provides an option to select a software also.
Old 04-05-2011

If you want to do encrypting task in window XP for that you have to download encryption and decryption software .After downloading this software run and read it?s guide line after that you will be easily done encrypting task. Some of the window XP version have simple algorithm or program for encrypting the information. Previous version of the window not having this facility to doing a encryption task.
Old 04-05-2011

In MAC OS encrypting data means creating a file vault .To encrypting a file or folder in MAC operating system is done by using the following set:-
1-choose apple menu> System Preferences and click security.
2-If the security preferences pane is locked, click the lock icon and type an administrator name and password.
3-if the security preference pane shows that a master password has not been set; click set master password and type a password in the master password box.
4-Type the password again in the verify box.
5-Type a hint in the hint box to help you remember the password.
6-Click?tuen on file vault? and read the message that appear. If you want to be sure deleted files can never
be recovered, click ?use secure erase?
Old 04-05-2011

To encrypting a data in different type of the operating system is for example when we encrypting a data in window 2007.In this window operating system a special program for encrypting data. Other side on window xp doesn?t have special program for encrypting the data. In Linux operating system few commands are there to perform encryption and decryption task.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,