Thread: Is media center necessary in win 7

Is media center necessary in win 7

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope you all have been doing fine. Well, needed some suggestions from you guys. Appropriate replies are appreciated on a very high note. The thing is that If I do not wish to have windows media player installed onto my computer for screening media files such as photos, DVDs, video files ETC, then is it ok? Or Is media center necessary in win 7? Any implication as to what is best app for playing media files? Thanks in advance.

Re: Is media center necessary in win 7

Hey, my dear friend I would like to inform you that it is not at all mandatory to make use of windows media center in windows 7. In fact, On a personal note personally I do not like media center at all and hence do not use Media Center. For playing media files such as .mp3's, I make use of AIMP2. On the other side, for playing movies, videos. I use GOM Player. Gom is very fine, it also opens .mkv files. So, it depends on you which you prefer.

I like the above post as I , myself do not like windows media player. Also, looking at the post it seems that you are getting scared of uninstalling media C/p. I would like to bring to your notice that you can remove it from various installations without any noticeable negative effects. However, just make sure that in case of windows vista , uninstalling may lead to some hassles. I hope that my reply helps you out in some way. Thanks.

Dude, I am glad to inform you that I have Media Center disabled. I use WMP12 along with the Shark007 codec pack for my videos and when it comes to audio I make use of several other programs. Tunes in case of iPod Touch, MediaMonkey Gold when it comes to MP3 players, and foobar2000 is meant for audio playback and for its many usefulness. Hence, the bottom line is that there are many options which are available to you.

Hey Mate, I never use windows media center as do not like the controls. Nevertheless it is not important to remove it . All you save is a extremely little bit of disk space. I think that you should not use it and just modify the associations if in case it is connected to something such as .dvr. Also, I believe Media center is similar to Internet Explorer. Microsoft has made it so that the OS uses bits and pieces of Internet Explorer so that uninstalling it wreaks destruction along with the Operating System.

Guys, thanks a lot for such a wonderful reply and letting me know the options. I am really grateful to you’ll. I am now aware that windows media center in not compulsory in windows 7. I will surely find about the alternatives that have been mentioned for various use and then as per my use I will select. Friends you’ll really made my day by giving systematic and appropriate solutions. The best part I found was that I got such quick replies.