Thread: Need information on NVIDIA GeForce 270.51

Need information on NVIDIA GeForce 270.51

NVIDIA released version 270.51 BETA GeForce software suite ? Because i am having a graphic card of its lower versions software and some latest games are not working properly as it giving different errors related to high definition audio, i have tried using another compatible software but it didn't help me out.Are there any biggest changes in this new version ? Will it work on my existing operating system ?

Re: Need information on NVIDIA GeForce 270.51

Ya, its true that NVIDIA has released a new version 270.51 BETA GeForce software suite with many exciting features like the application can directly install the latest recommended drivers for NVIDIA GeForce GPUs (6-series and above), CUDA, Phys and 3DVision software,and it will also minimize your audio problem as it provides NVIDIA HDMI audio drivers, and related software. and i m not sure but they have fixed all DA2 sli issues too.

Another big change i found is that it should automatically alert you about new drivers from now on if you so choose.This feature keeps your PC up-to-date with the latest NVIDIA driver, it always notify you when a new driver is available and directing you to the driver on NVIDIA's website. We can also run windows update to get latest drivers.

Performance wise, it Increases performance most probably for GeForce 400, 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. And most importantly it reflects the major game performance like 11% in Just Cause 2, 7% in Civilization V and many more games. And you can easily get this driver from the legitimate portals like "www.nvidia.com.".

I found that we wont longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver as This driver package includes v270.47 3D Vision Controller driver. Additionally 3D Vision Surround support when using 3D Vision monitors with built-in IR emitters. 3D Vision window mode now works with Windows Aero enabled. I've had a positive experience so far with these drivers. The driver is different for all the operating system like its different for XP, 7 and in that also it is sub categorized in 32 bit and 64 bits.

It also supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1.additionally Motion DSP’s video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for High Definition output. Also supports openGL 3.3 and 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs. As this is the first release from the Release 270 family of driver the troubleshooting criteria is still a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunilla View Post
    It also supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1...
    You're correct, but it also should be mentioned that as of August 2010, NVIDIA and Adobe Flash 10.1 does not provide GPU acceleration for GeForce 6 series anymore. As a result HD Video playback through Adobe Flash may suffer from digital artifacts or extreme video lag on Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or slower systems.
    The lack of support for older cards issue being that Adobe is using DXVA to accelerate Flash video playback, which means you need a GPU that properly supports DXVA2.