Thread: Webcam driver is not working in Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959

Webcam driver is not working in Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959

I am using the Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959 laptop and I am using the windows XP in that. I am experiencing the one problem. The problem is with my web cam driver. Whenever I try to use the web cam driver I am getting the message saying that software of my web cam is not initializing the camera and the application need to close. I don’t know what is wrong with that. I am using my laptop from very long time and iwas not facing this problem before but form last two weeks I am facing this problem. Please tell me how to fix this problem.

Re: Webcam driver is not working in Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959

I have gone through your post. And I will help you to fix this problem but before I help you with anything first of all I want to know that have you done any upgrades with your Operating system before facing this problem. If yes then please let me know what you have done. Because this information will help me to provide proper solution for your problem. So please tell me about those things. After knowing that I will be able to help you to fix this problem. I am waiting for your reply

Ok. As you have asked me about upgrade details of my laptop. First I was using the windows XP and after that I have upgraded it to XP service pack 3. After installing the Windows XP service pack 3 this problem is started. Before that upgrade all the things were going good. Please help me to solve this issue. Because I regularly use the webcam and because it is not working I am facing so many problems because of that. Please reply me with all possible solutions.

If you have upgraded you operating system with windows XP service pack 3 then I think after installing that you have forget to install the Webcam driver because of which your system is not able to initialize the camera. So according to me you should first install the drivers and then try to use your webcam. I think this will help you to fix your problem. So try this solution. If you are finding the same problem even after reinstalling the driver then please let me know.

After reading your post I insert my driver CD and install the drivers of webcam but even after doing that I am not able to use my webcam. After that I uninstalled that drivers and restart my Laptop and reinstalled the driver and now I am facing the one more problem. The problem is I am not able to find the webcam in device manager. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop. Please help me to solve this problem. I am really getting frustrated because of it.

As you are facing the same problem even after installing the driver and now you are not able to find the webcam in device manager. I suggest you to repair your windows XP. For that you have to just insert the windows XP cd and then when you get the option of install fresh copy and repair at that time select repair option. It will copy the all missing files in your laptop. And I think after that you will not face any problems with that. I hope my information will be helpful for you.

After reading your post I tried to repair my windows Xp. But after the repairing windows XP I was facing the same problem again and again. But then I inserted windows XP cd again in my computer and then installed the fresh copy of windows XP. I lost my some data but now all the thing are working perfectly and I am not facing any problem with my laptop. Web cam is also working correctly. So thank you for the all the help and information provided by you