Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to play sound in HP Compaq dx7400 Microtower PC

Windows Software

Old 02-05-2011

Unable to play sound in HP Compaq dx7400 Microtower PC

Hello friends I am using HP Compaq dx7400 Microtower PC. And first I was using windows XP in that but after that I have upgrade my operating system to windows 7, but since I installed the windows 7 in my Computer after that I am not able to use the speaker. When I put cursor on sound icon in system tray then it says that no speaker and no headphone is plugged in. I don?t know what is wrong with my computer but I want to solve this problem. I need a help to solve this problem.

Old 02-05-2011

Re: Unable to play sound in HP Compaq dx7400 Microtower PC

I read your problem. If you are finding problem with the playing sound in your computer then I suggest you to just go to the device manager and right click on audio driver option after that click on the update driver and then after its start the updating the driver it will ask for your driver pat or insert the CD of your drivers. At that time insert the CD or give the respective path of your audio driver file and then click on ok. Now it will copy the all missing files and update its drivers. After that you will be able to here sound.
Old 02-05-2011

I have gone through your reply and I have tried to update the drivers. After doing that sound is started to come but now I am facing another problem. When I insert any speaker or headphone on front panel slot at that time I do not work but back panel are working perfectly. But my problem is that whenever I want to play a game or want listen music at that time I use my headphone but I normally insert its pin on front panel but because of this problem I am not able to do this. Please provide me solution for that.
Old 02-05-2011

Ok. As you are saying that you are finding difficulties in front panel only after updating the drivers. And your back panel is working fine. It means that there is nothing wrong with your motherboard and sound card. I suggest you to try to search the audio manager box in system tray icon. If it is there then click on it. In that you will find the settings for front panel and back panel. Just check there that front panel is enabled or not? If it is not enabled then make it enable. After that insert your headphone again in front panel, now you will be able to here.
Old 02-05-2011

After reading your post I have tried to search the option of audio manager in my system tray icon. The option was there I open it and I found that front panel option is already activated. But when I insert the headphone in front panel at that time I am not able to listen it. Now I don?t know what to do with this problem. Is there any possibility of having some problem with my sound card or something wrong with the windows 7 compatibility with my computer? Please help me with this.
Old 02-05-2011

I was having the same problem with my computer when I installed the windows 7 in my computer. I have spent so many time behind solving this problem. But after trying so many thing I finally get one solution to solve this problem. You need to just download the VISTA drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After that start installing it. While installing that in windows 7 you will get one or two error at that time click ok and continue it. After completing that you have to go to the device manager and reinstall the driver. Once it shows that update successful. Then restart the computer and it?s done. Try this.
Old 03-05-2011

After reading your post I followed all your mentioned steps and after that I downloaded the drivers and installed in my computer. When I installed that driver in my computer afer that also it was noy working but after that I turned off my system and after some time when I start my system I saw all thing are working fine. Now I am not facing any problem. All the things are working perfectly. So I am very thankful for your all the help and all the information.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,