Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how do you disable copy & cut in MS Excel 2007 - ribbon, shortcut keys and right mouse sub menu?

Windows Software

Old 01-05-2011

how do you disable copy & cut in MS Excel 2007 - ribbon, shortcut keys and right mouse sub menu?

I have tried previously posted code, but it does not work for the ribbon. Can anyone give me code that has worked for them?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 01-05-2011

Re: how do you disable copy & cut in MS Excel 2007 - ribbon, shortcut keys and right mouse sub menu?

I found the code in of an article here on this forums, just check it out, hope it works for you:How to disable Copy and Paste features in MS Excel

Am sure it will disable the right context menu and keyboard cut, copy but not sure about the ribbon.
Old 02-05-2011

Re: how do you disable copy & cut in MS Excel 2007 - ribbon, shortcut keys and right mouse sub menu?

Orton,
Thanks for the link, but it did not work for me. I tried it before making my post. I have tried it multiple ways, but cannot get it to work for me.
-Scott
Old 02-05-2011

Why do you want to disable everything in MS Excel 2007, because after disabling all this you wont be able to use it so better uninstall it and reinstall whenever you want it back. You can use the CustomUI editor to disable controls
Code:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> 
<!-- *********************************************************************--> 
<!-- **********Disable And Repurposing controls on the ribbon*************--> 
<!-- *You can find the Control names In one of the downloads on this page*--> 
<!-- ***************http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm*******************--> 
<commands> 
<command idMso="Cut"enabled = "false" /> 
<command idMso="Copy"enabled = "false"/> 
<command idMso="Paste"enabled = "false"/> 
</commands> 
</customUI
Old 02-05-2011

I created a document that I want to share with colleagues, but I want them to use it fresh each time they open it. If they try to copy and paste it to a blank worksheet, the cell width and heights get all thrown off. I also want to disable save and save as so they don't accidentally save changes or adjustments they make. This will throw them off the next time they go to use the document. Then printing would be thrown off. So basically, it's best they use it fresh and new everytime.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,