Thread: Webcam drivers for Toshiba Satellite L305 sp6932R laptop.

Webcam drivers for Toshiba Satellite L305 sp6932R laptop.

Yesterday reinstalled Windows Vista Premium Operating System on my Toshiba Satellite L305 sp6932R laptop. But after reinstalling the OS, I realized that not all the drivers are installed in my laptop. When I tried to start the webcam, I was unable to do so because of the missing drivers. So I wanted to know from where I can get webcam driver for my Toshiba Satellite L305 sp6932R laptop. Does anyone know anything related to this topic, than please help me by giving your valuable suggestions?

Re: Webcam drivers for Toshiba Satellite L305 sp6932R laptop.

You should search for webcam drivers for your Toshiba Satellite L305 sp6932R laptop on internet and download the files from there. Download the files in your system, unzip the encrypted zipped file and once you get the actual driver file, install it in your system. Then check out whether your webcam is working or not. Also remember to restart your computer once you have installed the new drivers. Only after the Restart the drivers will get installed and the new changes will come into effect.

Thank you, dude for your rapid response. It was very generous of you to go through my query thread and then try to solve it but sorry to say that the help went in vain. When I tried to install the downloaded file, the webcam is prompting following error message: “The required section was not in the INF” Does anyone know what to do now. Please help me. This problem is really irritating me as I am not able to perform video chats with my friends and family.

The necessary driver for webcam is there inside the “Toshiba Utilities and Drivers” CD, which you used to install other drivers. Just check for the Multimedia Utility Driver “Camera Utility for Windows Vista / XP” and install that in your laptop. It has also got the Multimedia Utility called “Camera Utility for Windows XP / Vista (32/64bit)”, which can be useful. Install these two files in your laptop, and restart your laptop once you are done installing the files. After restart you will find your Webcam working smoothly.

You must have downloaded some wrong files from Internet and that is why you were getting those messages. I would recommend you to visit the following official website of Toshiba support:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663

It contains almost all the available drivers and utilities for all the possible Toshiba products. Visit this link and search the drivers you need. The Multimedia Utility Driver is on the 5th page. Just select the driver and the Operating System from the given list of options and download the driver. Install the drivers in your laptop and restart the laptop. Check whether my suggestion proved to be helpful or not.

I am assuming that your webcam is malfunctioning. So I would suggest you to visit the nearest Toshiba Customer Support center. Use the below link to find the Toshiba support in your locality: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t....jsp?subs=tais
    Just fill in the regions and you will be getting a list of result. Choose the one which you feel will be the best option for you. And if your laptop is still within the warranty period, then it is much more better for you, as you will be getting your laptop’s webcam and other issue fixed, completely free of cost.