Thread: HP pavilion a1520y: SM Bus Controller shows yellow exclamation mark on device manager.

HP pavilion a1520y: SM Bus Controller shows yellow exclamation mark on device manager.

I have purchased the new pavilion a1520y and under that I have installed the windows XP pro on mine system. Everything on system works fine except SM Bus Controller. I have installed the SM Bus Controller driver on mine system and whenever I go to the device manger SM Bus Controller shows yellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager. I don’t why this happening, I have tried to solve this issue by searching on the other threads but I didn’t have any information. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve this issue.

Re: HP pavilion a1520y: SM Bus Controller shows yellow exclamation mark on device manager.

SM Bus Controller is regarding about the Intel Chipset and therefore I would like to suggest you to install the Intel Chipset Software Utility and so that you can solve your issue. I would like to suggest you to go through some official site and after that make search for the Intel Chipset Software Utility and then download it on your system. Once finish the downloading and after that install Intel Chipset Software Utility on your system and after that restart your system and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

Re: HP pavilion a1520y: SM Bus Controller shows yellow exclamation mark on device manager.

Hello thanks for replying and I would be pleased about your idea. As you said that I downloaded the Chipset Software Utility and then installed it on mine system and after that when I looked at device manager I have got the same issue. I have tried several times to solve this issue but I got the same issue on mine system. Now I don’t know what to do can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this issue and thanks in advance.

I would like to suggest you to go to the manufacturer company and after that go through your issue and then will give right solution for you. As per me SM Bus Controller is a hard ware driver and these all hardware drivers contains on the CD. While purchasing system you will get the CD and under that you will get the all hardware drivers. If you have this CD then you can install it yourself. If you’re not having then you need to contact the manufacturer and so that you can solve your issue. I hope this will help you.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and after long searching I have found the solution. I would like to suggest you to update your driver and so that you can solve your issue. First go to the device manager and under that check for the latest update and after that make right click on the driver and then select the update drivers. Now once you finish the updating and after that restart your system and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I would like to suggest you to reinstall the SM Bus Controller driver and after that you can solve your issue. While reinstalling the SM Bus Controller driver makes sure you need to uninstall the earlier SM Bus Controller. First uninstall the SM Bus Controller and after that restart your system and then install fresh SM Bus Controller driver. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.