Thread: XP audio drivers for compaq presario c750 ed

XP audio drivers for compaq presario c750 ed

Hi guys I am using Compaq Presario c700 model c750ed. In my laptop I am using windows xp. But before some days I have formatted the laptop because of some virus issues. Before I have formatted the laptop all the things were working fine but after formatting it I install all the drivers, but I am not able to find the audio drivers. Please tell me how to install the audio drivers. If you have any idea about that then please let me know Any help will be appreciated.

Re: XP audio drivers for compaq presario c750 ed

I have read your problem and I will help you to solve this problem. To install the drivers just do these things
    • when you start the laptop just go to my computer and right click there and click on properties.
    • After that in properties box click on device manager. There you will find the list of contents.
    • In that select your audio drivers. After selecting that right click on that and click on update driver.
    • After that it will start searching for drivers and it may ask for driver cd. At that time insert your driver cd in your cd-rom.

And after that it’s done.

As you have suggested in your post I have done all the things but unfortunately my driver cd is corrupted and that is why when I insert the disk in my laptop it is not able run cd properly. I have tried so many times with that disk. Now I don’t know what to do. Is there any other way to install the audio drivers? Please help me to solve this problem. If you know any other way to solve this problem then please reply me with your useful suggestion. Thank you.

OK. i understand your problem. as you have said that your Driver cd is not working properly and you are unable to install the drivers by using that cd then dont worry. If possible, if you have anyone in your touch who is using this same machine then try to get driver CD from him or the drivers are available on internet. you can easily download that drivers by visiting its official site. just search for respective model name and download that drivers. just try this and if you found any difficulties then please let me know.

As you have said about searching the sound drivers on internet but I don’t know which one to download. Because there are so many drivers available on internet. And I don’t want to take any risk. If you can give me any proper name of file which I have to download then it will be very helpful for me. Just help me with the name of file. Please reply me as soon as possible. Because using computer without audio drivers is very irritating.

The file name is MS UAA, Conexant SmartAudio 221 just download it from internet. Once you download it form internet it will come in zipped folder. Unzip that folder in one location. After that go to control panel and click on sounds and device. In that click in audio drivers. In that click on update drivers. After that it will ask for the location of drivers. Just select your files and click on ok. After that restart you laptop. Because after restart audio drivers will start working again